Uzbekistan visa website delays?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Condor

Uzbekistan visa website delays?

Post by Condor »

I applied for an Uzbek visa via i-Visa, and am being told that the gov't website is "experiencing issues when accepting payments for new applications." Anyone else having this issue? Is there a faster way to obtain a multiple entry 60 or 90 day visa? I may need to cross from KG to UZ in a little under a week. Thanks for any help.
0 x

asunder

Re: Uzbekistan visa website delays?

Post by asunder »

I'm in Bishkek right now and have been in Kyrgyzstan, trying to get an Uzbek visa since the 8th of September.
Even trying to apply in person in Bishkek, the process has been confusing and difficult...
I was first told that it would take a week, then contacted via Telegram and told the visa was ready 2 or 3 days later, which was apparently false information.
When I DID go to the visa office, they did not ask for money nor my passport, and although they did not say over Telegram how much the visa would cost, apparently it will be $45? My last Uzbek visa was only $20, when I did it online...
0 x

Condor

Post by Condor »

Went to the UZ consulate in Bishkek today, but did not have the requisite things on hand to apply. So I'll be applying on Tuesday when they reopen (currently Friday night).
0 x

Condor

Post by Condor »

Asunder, what is your nationality?
0 x

asunder

Post by asunder »

I'm from the United States... at this point, I am wondering if I can just go in and out without a VISA if crossing by land near Osh...

I remember reading something that you didn't need a VISA if your stay is less than three days?
All I can find online is information saying I don't need a VISA for up to five days, but only if traveling by air...
This sucks, lol, because it is getting cold here and I left my warm cloths in Uzbekistan.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Did you read the visa page linked at the top of this forum?
0 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

I'm also an American and they told me I could not cross the land border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan, I could only enter by air. I left and went to Turkey. I may try again from here or I may just wait until it gets easier.
0 x

asunder

Post by asunder »

bwv812 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 pm
Did you read the visa page linked at the top of this forum?
Of course I did.
Maybe the 3-day transit VISA is just my imagination.
nikagoes wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 am
I'm also an American and they told me I could not cross the land border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan, I could only enter by air. I left and went to Turkey. I may try again from here or I may just wait until it gets easier.
You mean waiting until the eVISA website is working again?
Paying for a VISA seems silly if I'm only in Uzbekistan long enough to grab some warmer cloths, but it seems like that might be what I need to do.
Still haven't followed-up with the VISA office in person and am not sure how much it will cost.
0 x

Condor

Post by Condor »

nikagoes wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 am
I'm also an American and they told me I could not cross the land border from Kyrgyzstan to Uzbekistan, I could only enter by air.
Who told you this?
My Uzbekistan 30 day, multiple entry tourist visa was granted at the Bishkek embassy 2 days ago, 7 days after applying. US passport. Plan on the Dostyk border crossing w/vehicle (KG plates) in 2 days, inshallah.
0 x

Udai113

Post by Udai113 »

Takes 5-6 days at times... but there are also people who got it in 2-3 days

As on September 2023. From personal experience
0 x