Applying for a 2nd Uzbekistan embassy visa (trip extension)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Condor

Applying for a 2nd Uzbekistan embassy visa (trip extension)

Post by Condor »

The Uzbekistan eVisa process seems to have stalled, so I applied for a visa at the Bishkek embassy. It was granted in 1 week (application marked "urgent"). I plan on using the visa soon to enter UZ and then almost immediately enter Tajikistan. The Uzbek leg of my trip is planned for after my time in Tajikistan. The visa is only valid for 30 days, and will presumably be over by the time I exit Tajikistan. So how do I proceed here? I have to pick up my UZ visa at the Bishkek embassy tomorrow morning; perhaps I can apply for a 2nd visa, the fixed dates of which start shortly after the current visa? Should I apply for something similar while in Uzbekistan (very briefly) on my way to the Tajik border? Any advice deeply appreciated.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Applying for a 2nd Uzbekistan embassy visa (trip extension)

Post by steven »

You cannot apply for an Uzbek visa in Uzbekistan. You can only apply in Tajikistan in your case.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Condor

Re: Applying for a 2nd Uzbekistan embassy visa (trip extension)

Post by Condor »

steven wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:48 am
You can only apply in Tajikistan in your case.
This is my tentative plan. Currently have UZ embassy visa that starts soon, have an application for a second UZ visa ready to be submitted when I pass through the Dush. Might this cause problems? Will the embassy worker be concerned that I already have an active visa in my passport? Will authorities in UZ be similarly unimpressed in the case that the visa is granted (2 back-to-back 30 day visas)? Really don't know if I'm being silly here.
0 x