Embassy Report: Visa for Iran in Paris

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
GCB

Embassy Report: Visa for Iran in Paris

Post by GCB »

Good evening --

I've just been through the tourist visa process at the embassy of Iran in France. I (French passport) got an authorisation number / Visa Grant Notice through TAP Persia (for 20€ and maybe 3 business days), after which I had been trying to book a slot at the embassy of Iran in Paris to get my actual visa. There's supposedly a window for phone calls in the afternoon but no one answered until someone answered and told me to call the consulate without giving a number. So I had to just show up without an appointment.

Turned out it's the way to go: I waited about 30min, then a visa officer checked my passport, Visa Grant Notice, and travel insurance. (Nothing else.) After that, he took my fingerprints and asked me to pay at a kind of reverse ATM where you can type in the amount (it's 50 € for a tourist visa), slip in your cash, and get a payment receipt. I brought it to my visa desk and was told that it was all good and I would get a "printable visa" by email -- that I would have to print and just show at the border crossing along with my passport.

Hope this helps!

GCB
2 x