Dates on Visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Pazgriot

Dates on Visa

Post by Pazgriot »

Hello friends. I am going to Uzbekistan in January. It appears that the embassy may have made some mistakes with the dates on my visa. The dates do not match the dates of my trip or the dates written on my visa application form and it looks like the visa may expire before my flight to Tashkent. It seems the beginning date is 30 November and the ending date is 29 December. I have read the information on visas here, but it seems there are a lot of changes happening recently and I asked the guy at the embassy and he said it would not be a problem, but I am skeptical. Does anyone know if this is a real problem for my trip and, if so, what to do about it? Thanks. Paz
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Dates on Visa

Post by steven »

If you are flying in January and your visa ends in December, I would assume they are not going to let you in at the border.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Pazgriot wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:23 pm
Hello friends. I am going to Uzbekistan in January. It appears that the embassy may have made some mistakes with the dates on my visa. The dates do not match the dates of my trip or the dates written on my visa application form and it looks like the visa may expire before my flight to Tashkent. It seems the beginning date is 30 November and the ending date is 29 December. I have read the information on visas here, but it seems there are a lot of changes happening recently and I asked the guy at the embassy and he said it would not be a problem, but I am skeptical. Does anyone know if this is a real problem for my trip and, if so, what to do about it? Thanks. Paz
Heres a novel thought. Try speaking to SOMEONE ELSE at the embassy rather than a bunch of people on the internet who likely have no idea.
Last edited by Hound_Dog on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

You quoted text where he says he spoke to someone at the embassy, and your suggestion is that he speak to someone at the embassy? Novel thought, indeed.

I think its probably more realistic that the guy at the embassy simply doesn't care, and certainly doesn't want to do more work to fix the date.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

bwv812 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:09 pm
You quoted text where he says he spoke to someone at the embassy, and your suggestion is that he speak to someone at the embassy? Novel thought, indeed.

I think its probably more realistic that the guy at the embassy simply doesn't care, and certainly doesn't want to do more work to fix the date.
Edited to make it easier for you. Novel enough? :D
0 x