Possible to get Turkmenistan Transit Visa Two Times?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
WEGE_wagen

Possible to get Turkmenistan Transit Visa Two Times?

Post by WEGE_wagen »

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and me will drive East from May to October with our motorcycles. We have planned to go via Azerbaijan on Ferry over the Caspian Sea into Turkmenistan and hope to get a Transit Visa.
On our way back from Tajikistan through Usbekistan we want to drive again through Turkmenistan and then into Iran.

Does anyone have experiences if its possible to get the Turkmenistan Visa two times? Or will the Government dont allow us to go twice through their country in a short time period?

We would be very grateful if someone can give us some information :)

Have a nice evenening!

Best wishes,
Mia and Max.
0 x

sebhoff

Re: Possible to get Turkmenistan Transit Visa Two Times?

Post by sebhoff »

A transit visa for Turkmenistan wasn't a certain thing in pre-pandemic times, but Turkmenistan has been completely closed for tourism since early 2020 and no tourist visas of any kind are currently processed. So it seems unlikely you'll even manage to drive through once. ;-) Of course, you never know and we might see things change later this year - but I wouldn't count on it.
Sebastian
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

Take the ferry from Baku to Kazakhstan and then drive through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan to Iran...
As previous poster said already, before was already difficult to get one - I know from friends who wanted to go together and one got the transit visa and other not... so I imagine getting a transit visa for a second time in a short period is very unlikely... and Turkmenistan won't be open this summer to 95%. So you better plan another trip for this year.
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

interrailer wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:19 am
Take the ferry from Baku to Kazakhstan and then drive through Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan to Iran...
As previous poster said already, before was already difficult to get one - I know from friends who wanted to go together and one got the transit visa and other not... so I imagine getting a transit visa for a second time in a short period is very unlikely... and Turkmenistan won't be open this summer to 95%. So you better plan another trip for this year.
Good advice except who knows when KZ will open land borders?
0 x

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

WEGE_wagen wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:25 pm
Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and me will drive East from May to October with our motorcycles. We have planned to go via Azerbaijan on Ferry over the Caspian Sea into Turkmenistan and hope to get a Transit Visa.
On our way back from Tajikistan through Usbekistan we want to drive again through Turkmenistan and then into Iran.

Does anyone have experiences if its possible to get the Turkmenistan Visa two times? Or will the Government dont allow us to go twice through their country in a short time period?

We would be very grateful if someone can give us some information :)

Have a nice evenening!

Best wishes,
Mia and Max.
Hi Mia and Max,
we are Ellen and Victor and also want to start end april with our motorcyles from Spain. Initially we wanted to reach Mongolia, also trying to pass through Turkmenistan, but if before Covid it was already difficult to get a visa, right now it is almost impossible.
With the terrible war in Ucraine I assume things are not getting better neither :-(
Honestly I do not know if it is possible to cross land border to Azerbaijan and cross from Baku to Aktau and if it is at all possible to enter Kazahstan.
Really difficult moments...
0 x