Iranianvisa.com - anyone else have problems

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Iranianvisa.com - anyone else have problems

Postby steven » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:47 am

Got an angry message on Facebook by someone who has been waiting for 2 months for their LOI from Iranianvisa.com.

Anyone else has had problems with them?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

pagophilus

Re: Iranianvisa.com - anyone else have problems

Postby pagophilus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 am

It's been a few years since we went to Iran but at the time I considered all the opinions and I went for Pars Tourist Agency (Key2Persia), and had no issues. We later went to their office in Shiraz and took some tours with them.

Some people have problems with Iranianvisa, some have none. And I'm sure some people have problems due to lack of understanding, unreasonable expectations or issues of their own making, but because of the amount of negative feedback I'd recommend someone else.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 am

thanks, I will pass that on!
0 x

dereksbiketrip

Postby dereksbiketrip » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm currently on a world cycle tour and I applied for my code from iranianvisa.com on 15th June 2013, stating that I would like to enter Iran on 29th July. I figured that giving such a long time frame (more than 6 weeks) would help my chances. As they state 7-10 days for issuing the code using normal service, I also told them I'd pick up the visa in Trabzon on the 19th July - this gave them lots of time to work around holidays etc.

I was a little surprised to get an email from a lady called Sarah advising me to switch to the urgent service (at twice the cost) to ensure I got my code in time. I wrote back that there was no need as I was flexible with picking up the visa in Trabzon.

Nothing further was heard until last week, when I was asked to re-send my passport image as apparently they could not open it, I did so immediately.

I'm currently in Trabzon, having arrived here on the 19th July as stated. I waited until today (22nd July) and having heard nothing have emailed them. No response yet.

I don't expect any joy so I'm now looking at going through Georgia and the Stans and have spent my time here in Trabzon wisely researching my options - btw thanks Steve, your site has been a great help.

I'll update any news, but I'd also welcome comments from others.

Oh and my trip is here: http://www.dereksbiketrip.com
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:23 am

Good luck, hope everything works out. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one avin trouble getting into Iran.
0 x

AndreCherri

Postby AndreCherri » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 am

My wife and I are on a RTW trip on bike also.
We've met two guys, once cyclist and a backpacker that had problems with Iranianvisa. They payed the money but no code was given. With the cyclist, they said it was refused but no proof was given.
0 x

NoMi_CH

Postby NoMi_CH » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:19 am

Hello everyone,

Same story here like Derek's. Applied for visa-code with iranianvisa, but maintained contact with Sarah. We have been waiting for 5 weeks, she replied there have been delays within MFA.
After almost 6 weeks we contacted Touran Zamin, they checked if Iranianvisa even sent our Details to MFA. They couldn't find any record! So we applied a second time with Touran Zamin (Lady named Nahid).
A couple of days later we got a Reference Code from Iranianvisa! Weird!

So we went to Erzurum to collect our visa with this code (in the meantime Touran Zamin has applied for a second time at MFA). At first everything went well, we paid the amount of 50EUR, filled oud the forms and handed our passports over.
As we went back to collect our passports/visa the employee said that he received another fax from MFA, that we we're rejected!
-> It seems like Iranianvisa didn't send our real itinerary (we are travelling per bicycle), but put us in a Group-Tour with 10 other people! As MFA received our second application from Touran Zamin, they realised that we have our bicycles with us and stopped the whole process!

Long story made short: We can't go to Iran right now and are on our way to Georgia now. Do NOT use Iranianvisa as they obviously cheat with the applications (probably to save money) and MFA found out by now.

Our main question now is: Should we just apply for another time, after Armenia or Azerbaijan, this time not mentioning our bicycles? Did any of you mention your own transport (bicylce/car) in your itinerary? Or did you just pretent to be a backpacker?

Touran Zamin told us that you have to have a private guide if you have your own Transport, this due to "the current situation". But normally, as soon as you have your visa, no one really cares about your way of transportation? What do you think?

Would appreciate any useful Information, thank you very much!

Best regards from Hopa!
0 x

dereksbiketrip

Postby dereksbiketrip » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 am

Hi NoMi_CH, All,

Update on my progress. Iranianvisa.com have not contacted me with either a code or refusal and it's now many months. After speaking with others, I would advise against going anywhere near this sham company.

Having decided to go the long way round through Georgia and the stans, I'm glad I did. Georgia is well worth a visit, Armenia is amazing, Azerbaijan no problems at all. We (another British cyclist I met) have just applied for our Uzbek, Tajikistan & Kazak (I already had this one) visa's here in Baku and the process was painless and relatively cheaper than what I'd read on the forums. I'll post full embassy reports after we pick them up this week.

Plan is to get the ferry to Aktau, into Uzbek and onto the Pamir Highway and it's going well so far.

Need to ask questions about the Chinese visa, but will do this in another thread.

Kind regards,

Derek
0 x

NoMi_CH

Postby NoMi_CH » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi Derek (and any in a similar situation),

Thank you for your reply - you're right, Georgia is worth a visit, we enjoy our time here as well! Looking forward to Armenia now.

To us, it seems like the best way to get a visa for Iran with your own transport would be:
- not mentioning it when you apply
or, even better:
- get the visa same-day in Trabzon, as they don't seem to mind at all

This is how it is, at least at the moment. Hopefully they'll change the regulations regarding own transport some time in the future.

Good luck to all of you!
(and best regards to Clive!) :mrgreen:
0 x

FrancetoChinabybike

Postby FrancetoChinabybike » Sat May 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had a reference to an official document/site where it states that you must have a guide if traveling by bicycle in Iran. I am having the same issue with the visa agencies, that they are requesting I have a guided tour because we are traveling by bike. They were very quick to reply to my emails until I asked them for reference to this. It is the first I've heard of the issue, and I can't find much information on it, or any evidence that any cyclists have every been refused entry, deported or fined for cycling without a guide in Iran. If it is a true requirement, there isn't much evidence that it is being reinforced?

Kelly
0 x