Enter Azerbaijan from Georgia by car with e-visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
himbel

Re: Enter Azerbaijan from Georgia by car with e-visa

Post by himbel »

kenyon wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 pm
jummy wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:35 am
We were planning the same in a few weeks. One option that we are contemplating is shipping the car from Georgia to Azerbaijan by truck, and flying in ourselves.

From another post at the Caravanistan forum we got the following contact details for a potential shipper. We haven’t yet reached out as our trip is still a few weeks out, but this may be a solution for those currently stuck in Georgia. Please let us know of course how it turns out!

Ramin Hasanov
Regional Manager Azerbaijan & Georgia
Nobel avenue 108E
Baku AZ 1026, Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 (12) 409 40 88
Mobile: +994 (50) 255 00 81
Mobile: +994 (50) 313 03 01
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.allrightmoving.com / www.mrmove.az
hey
My brother and I also plan to ship our motorcycles with that company.
I have talked with Ramin and other guy from the same company. it is sound like a good way to enter a vehicle to Azerbaijan
we are plan to ship the motorcycles at 20.7
if anyone have more information or made it before please tell us
Have you already received a quote from him and did he 100% confirmed that it is possible?
0 x

jummy

Post by jummy »

Just received a quote on the shipping costs for a small SUV (Honda CR-V) from Tbilisi to Baku or Aktau. Given the high costs we are planning to go with the Tblisi to Baku option, and try our luck with the ferry from Baku to Aktau ourselves. There seem to be less issues exiting the country that way.

Tblisi to Baku:
“We will be able to assist with collection of your vehicle in Tbilisi, export customs formalities, transportation up to Baku customs terminal, import customs formalities in Baku and handover vehicle to you at customs terminal area.
Our rates for required services will be as following:

Collection of car from you, loading into truck and export clearance in TBS: USD 250.00
Road freight transport from Tbilisi to Baku: USD 700.00
Receiving of car at Baku customs terminal, import clearance fee and handover at terminal: USD 200.00
Issuance of temporary customs declaration: USD 50.00
Possible terminal handling charges in Baku will be billed at cost basing on official receipts from customs

For export customs clearance in Tbilisi we will need from you below documents:
Copy of your passport (with officially and notarially verified translation to Georgian language); approximate cost for notary translation will be USD 25.00 – 30.00
Power of attorney from you to our representative in Tbilisi: cost of POA is approx USD 20.00 (if used our known notary office)
Copy of car TITLE (with officially and notarially verified translation to Georgian language); approximate cost for notary translation will be USD 25.00 – 30.00

You will get our assistance for all notary office documentations by our representative in Tbilisi.

In Azerbaijan, we will need from you copy of your passport (photo page), Car TITLE (original) and your presence at customs terminal (you will be accompanied by our customs broker)
Together with our customs broker you will go to customs terminal where he will collect shipping docs from truck driver, will submit all necessary docs to customs department and will get for you driving permit for max 90 days period”

Tblisi to Aktau:
“ Collection of car from you, loading into truck and export clearance in TBS: USD 350.00
Road freight transport from Tbilisi to Baku: USD 5700.00

For export customs clearance in Tbilisi we will need from you below documents:
Copy of your passport (with officially and notarially verified translation to Georgian language); approximate cost for notary translation will be USD 25.00 – 30.00
Power of attorney from you to our representative in Tbilisi: cost of POA is approx USD 20.00 (if used our known notary office)
Copy of car TITLE (with officially and notarially verified translation to Georgian language); approximate cost for notary translation will be USD 25.00 – 30.00

You will get our assistance for all notary office documentations by our representative in Tbilisi.

In KZ, you will need to go to Aktau port and submit your docs to customs to proceed import CCL and collect car by your own”
1 x

Maud&tjeerd

Post by Maud&tjeerd »

Sounds like the only option for us as well. When are you planning to transport the car? We are currently on our way to Tbilisi, might be able to share a bit of the costs if we transport two at the same time? We have a Mercedes sprinter.
0 x

jummy

Post by jummy »

We are planning to ship our car sometime mid-August, but will likely only set the exact date a week in advance. Feel free to send us a PM to align if this would fit your itinerary to discuss further details!
0 x

Globo_Moto

Post by Globo_Moto »

Hi Jimmy, M&T, and all,

Piling on here to say I'm in the same situation and am equally interested in shipping my motorcycle mid to late August. Sounds like this might line up with some of you, and potentially motorcycles and trucks could band together for potential savings. I plan to call the company soon to find out costs for the bike and will share what I learn.

I'm eager to here from the moto folks who use this service on 20/7 how it goes.

Cheers!
0 x

Maud&tjeerd

Post by Maud&tjeerd »

Hi all,

We are already in Georgia, and our plan is transport the car asap, so looks like we are going to be the first to try! I'll contact the company and keep you all updated...
0 x

Globo_Moto

Post by Globo_Moto »

Good luck!!
0 x

Globo_Moto

Post by Globo_Moto »

Hi all, I contacted the US consulate in Baku and they provided this list of companies. Seems like a good idea to call around and compare prices. I haven't had a chance to call any yet, so if you do, please let us all know.

Company name: Gosselin Mobility Baku LLC
POC name: Sabina Jafarova
Address: 24 Neftchiler Ave., Dalga Plaza Business Center, AZ1095 Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: (994 50) 799 02 36
Email: [email protected]

Company name: Globalink Logistics DWC-LLC
POC name: Mir Junaid Ahmed
Address: 43 Mamed Araz str., English Yard Business Center, AZ1069 Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: (994 50) 323 54 08

Company name: Ace Forwarding Caspian
POC name: John Quinn
Address: Salyan Highway 14km, Green City Complex 2nd Floor, AZ1023 Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: (994 50) 221 73 06

Company name: Interdean LLC
POC name: Vagif Samosud
Address: 125 Heydar Aliyev Av., Qafqaz Business Center, AZ1029 Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: (994 50) 210 73 84
1 x

Maud&tjeerd

Post by Maud&tjeerd »

I emailed all of them, keep you posted
1 x

Maud&tjeerd

Post by Maud&tjeerd »

Not a very hopeful update:

'Ace Forwarding Caspian' is not able to help because we are not importing the car, and so far I haven't heard from the other companies.

But we've stumbled upon another problem: all direct flights from Tblisi to Baku are fully booked untill august 6, (as far as we can find) and the ones with a stopover in Istanbul are expensive and will take you 22hrs...

So if anyone has any other ideas, please let us know!

For now i think we will just drive up to the border to see how far we get. :D
1 x