Enter Azerbaijan from Georgia by car with e-visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Centralasia2022

Enter Azerbaijan from Georgia by car with e-visa

Post by Centralasia2022 »

Our entry from Georgia to Azerbaijan at the red Bridge border has been rejected, even if we had a valid e-visa and a valid covid vaccination (Swiss citizens). We are travelling with our own car. We have been told that we should get a permission o enter at the Azerbaijan Embassy. Been there, but we have been told that borders are closed for pandemic reasons. Was somebody able to enter Azerbaijan in the last week's?
We are currently blocked in Tblisi with no clue how to continue our trip direction "stans". Our original plan was to cross the Caspian sea by ferry from Azerbaijan to kazakhstan.
Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
If someone is interested on our trip you can follow us un www.centralasia2022.ch
1 x

Bor020

Re: Enter Azerbaijan from Georgia by car with e-visa

Post by Bor020 »

I am in the same position as you. I am also stuck in Georgia.

If anybody has some news I would be happy to know
Also lets get in contact!
0 x

Makao_offroad

Post by Makao_offroad »

Hi guys

Our plan is to travel to Kasachstan/Kirgistan by car by the end of this summer. We just realized the border crossing problem for Aserbaidschan and got told by other travellers, who are in Georgia now, that borders will open in September 2022. We don't know how reliable this information is. So if anyone crossed, please let us know.
0 x

Likke

Post by Likke »

We've same problem, were in matsimi-balakan border 2 days ago witj e-visa, get refused to enter Azerbaizan. One staff told us that our names has to be registeres in certain list to be able to get into Azetbaizan by land border. So we went back to Tbilisi, went to Azerbaijan consulate and there they told us oy possible to get enter Azerbaizan by plane, no possible by land border until nobody knows.
1 x

jummy

Post by jummy »

We were planning the same in a few weeks. One option that we are contemplating is shipping the car from Georgia to Azerbaijan by truck, and flying in ourselves.

From another post at the Caravanistan forum we got the following contact details for a potential shipper. We haven’t yet reached out as our trip is still a few weeks out, but this may be a solution for those currently stuck in Georgia. Please let us know of course how it turns out!

Ramin Hasanov
Regional Manager Azerbaijan & Georgia
Nobel avenue 108E
Baku AZ 1026, Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 (12) 409 40 88
Mobile: +994 (50) 255 00 81
Mobile: +994 (50) 313 03 01
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.allrightmoving.com / www.mrmove.az
0 x

himbel

Post by himbel »

Hi together,

thanks for the contact-details.
We just reached out to the company, the manager will give us a feedback in the upcomming days.

I'll share the details once available.

Cheers
0 x

Maud&tjeerd

Post by Maud&tjeerd »

We are going to have the same problem in a few weeks time. So really curious about this topic, please keep us updated.
0 x

kenyon

Post by kenyon »

jummy wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:35 am
We were planning the same in a few weeks. One option that we are contemplating is shipping the car from Georgia to Azerbaijan by truck, and flying in ourselves.

From another post at the Caravanistan forum we got the following contact details for a potential shipper. We haven’t yet reached out as our trip is still a few weeks out, but this may be a solution for those currently stuck in Georgia. Please let us know of course how it turns out!

Ramin Hasanov
Regional Manager Azerbaijan & Georgia
Nobel avenue 108E
Baku AZ 1026, Azerbaijan
Tel: +994 (12) 409 40 88
Mobile: +994 (50) 255 00 81
Mobile: +994 (50) 313 03 01
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: www.allrightmoving.com / www.mrmove.az
hey
My brother and I also plan to ship our motorcycles with that company.
I have talked with Ramin and other guy from the same company. it is sound like a good way to enter a vehicle to Azerbaijan
we are plan to ship the motorcycles at 20.7
if anyone have more information or made it before please tell us
0 x

eichi

Post by eichi »

Cheers from a newcomer. Thanks to all above posts about crossing from Georgia to Azerbaijan. We too are following this thread hoping that someone will soon be successful. At the moment, we’re having our Troopy serviced in Tbilisi.
0 x

Li Via

Post by Li Via »

Hi everybody,

Maybe it is worth a try to contact your home embassy in Baku to get permission to enter by land.
We did that for enter by sea. (Swiss in our case)
They made an application for us.
It took about 3 weeks for a positive answer. We got a number which we were told to show on the border. By this time we already entered by sea without this permission so for us it was lapsed.

I don’t know if this works for land entry to, but if you have time, maybe you can try…

good luck!
1 x