Embassy report: Iranian visa in Istanbul

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Aspirinas

Re: Embassy report: Iranian visa in Istanbul

Post by Aspirinas »

Hi!

I'm travelling with a portuguese passport.

Got my Loi from KeytoPersia through Caravanistan and picked it up in Istanbul
Visa for the next day was 75€. Normal option takes one week and it's 50€
You can only pay at the bank with turkish lira. They don't accept euros anymore and will still charge you for the service

At the consulate, it was very fast. Probably 20 minutes. There were a lot of people there but none for the Visa. If there is no-one at the counter for visa say "VISA" to the guy on the next counter and he will call the one responsible.

The pick up next day took me less than 10 minutes.

Cheers!
1 x

Jimmybla

Post by Jimmybla »

Hi everyone
We just come back from the Iranian consulate in Istanbul, here are the working hours up to date:
Visa application : Monday to Friday from 14:00 to 15:00
Phone calls from 10:00 to 11:30
We contacted them by email and they do answer within 2 days usually.

We applied on Monday, the person told us to come back on Thursday to pick them up. I think it could be faster if you have to leave the city and can't wait
50€ per person at the bank next door, Turkish Lira only.
1 x

panse

Post by panse »

We are two travellers from Switzerland and want to get an Iran Visa in Istanbul. We need a double entry becauce we will fly from Teheran to Dushanbe and back to Teheran from Bishkek.

If I get this right I just have to go to the embassy in Istanbul, show them my passport and apply for a visa. No LOI and no other stuff to bring? Thank you for your answers!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

panse wrote:We are two travellers from Switzerland and want to get an Iran Visa in Istanbul. We need a double entry becauce we will fly from Teheran to Dushanbe and back to Teheran from Bishkek.

If I get this right I just have to go to the embassy in Istanbul, show them my passport and apply for a visa. No LOI and no other stuff to bring? Thank you for your answers!
I believe you have it wrong. You need a reference number. Check the Iran visa artcle for the full explanation. http://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/

If you are getting a VOA you don't need to go to the embassy but you do need to apply for the reference number beforehand. No need for a double-entry in that case either.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Brunoc38

Post by Brunoc38 »

Hei,

We are two French travelers, we made our demand or RN through Key2persia, because the website of Iran E-visa do not permit to send the RN in Turkish consulate in Istanbul, since Turkish people does not need visa to get to Iran.
We get the RN after exactly 10 iranian working days.

We make the demande for the visa at Istanbul consulate. Make sure to arrive at 2pm sharpe (The consulate is opened between 2 and 3pm for visa, every working days) The staff is really lovely. After checking your papers, They give you a formular to fill up and a receip that you have to pay through the bank facing the consulate (as it is said on carvanistan website). After making the paiement, you go back immediatly to the consulate, and give back the proof of paiement emited by the bank.
We droped our passport on Tuesday and get them back on Friday.
We are happy !
2 x

panse

Post by panse »

Ok now everything is clear! :) Thanks!
0 x

silkroadski

Post by silkroadski »

As a UK citizen it is currently costing €200 for a normal priority visa and a whopping €300 for a same day one. The man at th counter, though friendly, went to “check his system”. I’m pretty sure they made it up on the spot...
German etc still €50/75.

There will be a queue developing at least an hour before the visa sections opens so do get there early and take a ticket.
1 x

ReneW

Post by ReneW »

25/05/2018
One German Guy / one French Guy:
E-Visa Autorisation Code Accepted: German 1 working day / French 3 working days
Friday: Embassy Waiting Time: around 45min
Nice Visa-Personal, only Printout of the Autorisation Code and Passport needed. No Questions, no POI or Printout of a Flight-Ticket or Hotel needed.
2min later, pay 50€ (no Express /German and French) at the Bank (only turkish Lira).
Pick up Visa at Monday, so 1 Working Day.
Couple from Germany via Express get his Visa for 75€ at the same day.

Have a nice journey. :mrgreen:
Rene
2 x

Julia Lei

Post by Julia Lei »

July 2018

Swiss-German couple

Application through e-Visa system, approved (we don't know how long it took exactly because we didn't check it for a long time but it was definitely approved within two weeks, maybe even much quicker)

The consular section seems to work only in the afternoons from 2pm onwards (we were asked to come back later when we showed up in the morning).

They did not have us in their system but accepted our application after we showed them a print-out of the e-Visa system where it said that our status was "approved".

I (female) DID NOT wear a headscarf in the picture I uploaded to the e-Visa system since it specifically said to only veil yourself if you do it on a daily base for religious purposes. However I went to the Consulate with Iranian-approved clothes. They seem to provide headscarves at the counter though.

The fee was 50€ (to be deposited in Turkish Lira in a specific bank around the corner) for each of us. We applied and received a 60 day visa for the same 50€ fee!

We could pick up the visa the next day - no questions asked, no itinary, no nothing except for what we had to fill in online. We were very happy :)
1 x

Johanna

Post by Johanna »

2 Germans, applied for Visa in June 2018

We managed to get the eVisa with Caravanistan which works fast and without any problem.We went with passports and the printout evisa-form that we have got from caravanistan and passportsized pictures (we didnt need at all!) to the embassy. The picture at the evisa-form was enough (I had covered head).
If you dont want to wait to long just remeber it was full at the embassy and lots of people try to push in the front.
The procedure was fast and easy. We payed 75 Dollar each (for express) and it took us all in all about 2 hours (going to embassy, paying at Bank (turkish Lira)). We left the Embassy with Visa in Passport.
We also met another German guy and a French guy. Even they didnt choose express they could come back after one day.
1 x