British, American and Canadian how to get into Iran (without a tour guide)

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
oska

British, American and Canadian how to get into Iran (without a tour guide)

Postby oska » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 pm

I've recently been on a massive Central Asia trip and I am a British Citizen.

A big part of what I was planning to do was to visit Iran, I went all over the Middle East and central Asia, trying in every embassy to get a visa. Istanbul all the way to Georgia and the sacred embassy of Batumi, but with no luck. I even paid Iranianvisas.com £150 for a failed visa attempt, which i advice you don't use because they stopped answering my emails after a week.

Anyway after leaving my Swedish friends behind, because they could get a visa on arrival, I went my own way giving up on trying to get into Iran.

I later met this Scottish guy called Stewart (also a British Citizen) in Armenia who had found a tour guide company that would give you a false tour guide and let you enter into Iran if you were British, American, or Canadian (without an expensive tour guide). I couldn't go with him because I was meeting my friends in Turkmenistan the following week, but he said It's totally safe and he said he had an amazing time. My Swedish friends said the same thing, they went on Jet-ski's in the Caspian sea and stayed for free most nights in Iranian's houses "most hospitable people in the world".

Anyway it devastated me I couldn't get in and put a dampener on my whole trip

Here is a link to his blog post and the site he used to get in:

http://tickthebucket.org/explore/a-scot ... into-iran/

.. Enjoy
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: British, American and Canadian how to get into Iran (without a tour guide)

Postby steven » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 am

Thanks Oska, I already have the link to hitchhikershandbook he points to on the Iran visa page. Sadly not soon enough for you! Come back soon!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TJEFF

Postby TJEFF » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 am

Is this the same tour agency that has since been shut down?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 am

Yes. They clamped down. After Trump, I cannot imagine them letting loose like that for a while to come.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

silkroadski

Postby silkroadski » Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

I'd strongly suggest getting in touch with the Tehran based company ToIran. I'm not sure where to post a report on them on this forum but they are truly excellent. Without selling them short (you'll have to read between the lines), as two Brits travelling through recently I couldn't have asked for a more relaxed time in Iran.
1 x