Turkmenistan visa Q&A [archive]

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Solsticio

Re: How long detour is acceptable on a transit visa?

Post by Solsticio »

Seriously? They book a flight from Europe (or wherever) and exit to Uzbekistan (or Iran or Afghanistan..) and the Turkmens accept this as transiting?

I never read of anyone having done this, I just heard of other people saying this is not transiting, which made sense to me. For me transiting is going from A through B to C, because there is no other way. I would assume the Turkmen embassy to say "just book a direct flight to Tashkent/Mashhad/...".
0 x

Solsticio

Re: How long detour is acceptable on a transit visa?

Post by Solsticio »

It would be great if it works though :D
0 x

ASpeed

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa - how long in advance

Post by ASpeed »

0 x

robbah

Transit visa Turkmenistan exact dates

Post by robbah »

Hi everyone,

I understand that you (logically) cannot enter the country before the date of your transit visa has been reached, am I correct suggesting you can enter later?

And can you leave earlier than the date it says on your passport? Or would that cause (administrative) issues at the border?

Just some thoughts about flexibility of travel plans. I think I'm more likely to spend more time in UZB, which would limit my time in turkmenistan. Could be on a quick rush through, to Iran.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Transit visa Turkmenistan exact dates

Post by bwv812 »

Entering later and leaving earlier should not be a problem.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Transit visa Turkmenistan exact dates

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

wanderlust2

Turkmenistan transit visa

Post by wanderlust2 »

Hi all. I have some questions re this troublesome visa. For those who successfully got a transit visa between Jan 2016 and the present:
- When & where did you get it?
- How far ahead of time did you apply?
- Were the requirements different from those on their website(s)?
- How long did it take to get processed?

Thanks in advance.
0 x

web_runner

Re: Question about Turkmenistan visa

Post by web_runner »

Actually, they inform you about the granting or rejection of the visa from Tehran - either calling by phone or being there. Mashad told me that they don''t have information when I called them. I don''t know how they get the info later when they have to stamp you the visa, maybe also calling Tehran...;)
0 x

Dorenda

Turkmen transit visa without visa to the next country

Post by Dorenda »

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with getting a transit visa for Turkmenistan, when you didn't need a visa for the next country?

I will be travelling from Iran via Turkmenistan to Uzbekistan (and further), and as a Dutch person, since the beginning of this year I can travel to Uzbekistan without visa. But all information that I can find still mentions that in order to get a transit visa to Turkmenistan, you need to be able to show a visa to the next country that you are going to. So I am a bit worried if I will have any chance at all to get a Turkmen transit visa...

I'd like to apply for the visa in Iran, where I'll probably be in May/June, so there still is a bit of time, and hopefully before that time somebody can share his or her experiences.

Thanks!
0 x
Watch the videos that we made about our bike trip from Poland to Central Asia in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1Mus ... TMQ/videos

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Turkmen transit visa without visa to the next country

Post by bwv812 »

You need a visa for Uzbekistan.

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/81881
0 x