Turkmenistan visa Q&A [archive]

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
McManaman

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa

Post by McManaman »

Hey Guys!! I applied for a Transit visa in Almaty and finally I got it!! Spanish service passport

I first made my iranian visa and went to the turkmen consulate with Official LOI (I made it in the embassy of Spain, I work there, maybe you can ask to your consulate to make one for you). Also I had to give 2 photos and two forms avaiable in the MFA website of Turkmenistan. No planes and transport needed to get it.

Price: 35 usd
Time of transit: 5 days
Processing time: almost three weeks (19 days)
Point of entry: Ashgabad Airport
Point of exit: Howdan - Bajgiran
Lot of people when giving out the documents and they are looking to your forms around 30 minutes. Be patient!

When getting the visa, its quite fast, but you have to pay in halley bank in Masanchi street, around 2 km from the consulate and come back.

Good luck guys!
1 x

ronald2

Re: Question about Turkmenistan visa

Post by ronald2 »

A silly question from me:
If you apply for the transit visa in Tehran with the pick up in Mashad, if you get rejected, they tell you that the visa was rejected in Tehran, when you apply, or in Mashad?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

That will be in Mashad, sadly.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ronald2

Post by ronald2 »

OK, thanks.
0 x

ASpeed

Turkmenistan transit visa - how long in advance

Post by ASpeed »

Hi Stephen, do you know how long in advance we can apply for a Turkmenistan transit visa. Looking at applying in London, UK so about 2 months in advance. Many thanks!!
0 x

Wahlsted

How long detour is acceptable on a transit visa?

Post by Wahlsted »

How long detours from the direct route are you allowed to do if traveling on a transit visa though Turkmenistan? If I have a transit visa say between Ashgabat and Dashoguz/Shavat, Can I then visit Konye Urgench? Go to Mary? Forth and back to Turkmenbashi?

Will there be any difference to go by car or train or plane? The more "booked" mode of transport the more obvious violation I guess, or is a detour formally accepted?

Is it more likely to get a transit visa for over land travel from Iran to Uzbekistan than flying in from Istanbul to Ashgabat and overland from there to Uzbekistan? Or is it just random rejection anyway? Swedish passport an popably applying in Berlin.

/Johan
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: How long detour is acceptable on a transit visa?

Post by bwv812 »

They don't really care where you go, so far as I can tell. Of course, you cant stray too far because 5 days isn't a lot of time and transport isn't that efficient.
0 x

Solsticio

Post by Solsticio »

If you fly into Ashgabat, you are not transitting and as such not qualifying for a transit visa. You will have to go by land.

If you book domestic flights, that should be up to you. No need to tell them about that when applying.

I will hopefully be able to apply for the transit visa in Berlin by the end of the month or the beginning of March. If you go there before me, I would appreciate some feedback.

Erik
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Solsticio,

where did you get the info that flying into Ashgabat is not transiting? We have several reports of people flying in or out of Ashgabat on a transit visa.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa - how long in advance

Post by steven »

I think that is not a problem.
0 x