Chinese visa and transit visa for Uzbekistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
tifftoph

Chinese visa and transit visa for Uzbekistan

Post by tifftoph »

Hi there,

Planning a trip to central asia is hard work. I'm from Singapore and my boyfriend is from Switzerland. We wanted to fly to China first before flying to Bishkek, but because he won't be back in Switzerland the next few months, he's unable to get a chinese visa from home. We will most likely be coming from Singapore and the last I read was that he's unable to get a visa there unless he's been legally living in Singapore. Any ideas on how else we can get him a chinese visa? I doubt visa on arrival is possible..

So I tried checking other alternatives to Bishkek and found flights that transits in Tashkent. However, there we both need a transit visa! Our transit is only for 3.5 hours. My question is are we able to get a visa on arrival if we prepare the documents? Also could someone direct me to a latest list of documents to prepare..

Thanks in advance for anyone's help! :)
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Chinese visa and transit visa for Uzbekistan

Post by bwv812 »

It's very easy for anyone to get a Chinese visa in Hong Kong, if a little inconvenient (I had to get my visa there since I was in a similar situation to your boyfriend, and unable to get one in my country of residence). I've had good experiences with Forever Bright Trading.
http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/index.html

I believe you do not need a visa so long as you stay in the transit lounge in Tashkent. If you do get a visa, you can check out the visa pages here for more info.
0 x

tifftoph

Post by tifftoph »

Thanks for your reply.. Still need to confirm about the transit visa in Tashkent. Don't want to be unprepared, flights are really expensive.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

The airlines follow the IATA rules, and Emirates has an IATA visa requirements lookup.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan ... 8098357d14

The key info is as follows:
"Transit - Turkmenistan (TM)

Visa
Visa required.
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Holders of confirmed onward tickets for a max. transit time of 24 hours."
0 x

tifftoph

Post by tifftoph »

Oh wow! This makes me so much more assured :) Thank you. This might be a silly question but does the IATA rules apply to all airlines? We would probably fly with Uzbekistan airways.
0 x

arthurschmidt2000

Post by arthurschmidt2000 »

A transit without visa means that you can spend up to 24 hrs in the transit area of the airport.
0 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

hi tifftoph,

I took Uzbekistan Airways before from Bishkek to Kuala Lumpur via Tashkent, transit 3 hours. When plane land there will be usher in the arrival gate that direct you if you want to transit (go right after the gate for transit, go straight for not transit), from there your ticket and hand carry luggage will be examined and then you wait inside for your plane. No need transit visa at all
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Getting a Chinese visa in Bishkek may currently be very difficult again, I am investigating the situation. It should be resolved soon, they said, but 2 weeks ago it was still impossible.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

Hi Steven,

if coming from West, where is other place besides Teheran that possible for foreigner applying China visa ? Uzbekistan or Tajikistan possible ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Laurent,

I re-read the embassy reports on the China visa page and I concluded Tashkent, Ankara, Istanbul are possible besides Bishkek and Almaty. For full details see http://caravanistan.com/visa/china/

Good to see you back here!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D