China Visa - Entering (via Kazakhstan) and leaving overland

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Stanbridge2

China Visa - Entering (via Kazakhstan) and leaving overland

Post by Stanbridge2 »

Hi

I hope I am not repeating a topic elsewhere but I am looking at doing the London to Singapore overland challenge crossing into China from Kazakhstan at the Horgos-Khorgas border crossing around October 2024. I will be leaving China crossing into Laos a few weeks later. My date of entry and exit from China is not yet known, and of course I am not flying in/out of the country and I will be travelling independently.

The Chinese Embassy website in London and the Visa site are not helpful if advising how I should apply for a L visa in this scenario.

For those out there who have done something similar how did you get your visa to China sorted, and how long did it take.

Thanks
0 x

MichelG

Re: China Visa - Entering (via Kazakhstan) and leaving overland

Post by MichelG »

Hi i'm going to do the same around the same time, but i go onward until Lombok.
As a i'm Dutch i'm allowed to travel 2 weeks in China without visa.
I asked about how to mention land crossings during the application. And that was before easing the rules for some countries
Somenone stated that you could buy a inbound flight ticket and cancel it when i you got the visa.
You can find some information here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=882
0 x