Exemptions from Russian Visa Permit Requirement

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
cuthbertdavies

Exemptions from Russian Visa Permit Requirement

Post by cuthbertdavies »

Hello,

We are currently in Kyrgyzstan, and we were recently denied at the Osh Russian consulate because we require a residential permit here. I anticipate facing the same issue in Bishkek. I am seeking information on where to find the official list of countries exempt from the requirement of this 90-day residential permit. I came across this list on the Caravanistan Russian visa webpage but couldn't locate it on the website of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Additionally, we are considering traveling to Ulaanbaatar, but I want to ensure we won't face rejection there, even though it appears to be the most suitable location for applying for a tourist visa.

Thank you!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Exemptions from Russian Visa Permit Requirement

Post by steven »

I haven't looked at the UB post here but I do remember that people had the same issue there. In any case, it's going to be the same list so if your country is not on it in Bishkek it's not going to be on it in UB either. I coudl be wrong, but I don't think Russian visa on the road is an option for you.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D