Embassy reports: China visa from Tbilisi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
sakara

Re: Embassy reports China visa from Tbilisi

Post by sakara »

Thank you Steven. How to prove it? I guess a lot of expats will not have another official status anymore but just quit to Turkey every 12 months...
0 x

ave-phil

Post by ave-phil »

Was in embassy 30 minutes ago. Ukrainians and lebanons need to apply at home.
0 x

Yogeshpgupta

Post by Yogeshpgupta »

I managed to get a Georgian temporary residence permit and applied for china visa in Tbilisi.
They accepted my application for 6 months validity and double entry tourist visa. Each entry i can stay 90 days.
Indian passport and cost me 90 Georgian Lari with normal processing time of 5 days. (Apply on Monday, collect on Friday) Embassy works on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only.

They also asked for invitation letter from a chinese national which i provided (online template).

1 year multiple entry or 6 month multiple entry are only given with invitation letter from a company in china.

Visited 4 different times and got different information everytime.

Rule still stays same, that everyone needs a resident permit of Georgia to apply for China visa from Tbilisi.

Georgian temporary residence permit:
I volunteered with an orphanage for few months while waiting for winter to finish and with that contract i was able to get a temporary residence permit. Process is easy but needs 45 days with normal processing speed. Urgent process is costly but can be done in 15-20 days. All information is available at public service hall (justice building) in Tbilisi. A very fast and efficient administrative office.

Good luck!
1 x

laurent_rio

Post by laurent_rio »

Other option for Visa China is double entry China Visa since normally the visa validity is 6 month from issuance date, you can make Visa China in your home country 6 month before travel (and then you have 6 month to travel overland). Multiple entry also possible and some can valid for 1 year but more difficult to get
0 x

Radelman

Post by Radelman »

Still impossible to obtain Chinese visa in Tbilisi (03. May 2017)
1 x

chloic

Post by chloic »

As of 08/05/2017, this is still not posssible to obtain a Chinese VISA in Tbilissi without having a Georgian resident permit.
It seems the situation will be locked for at least one month, according to the lady of the consular section of Chinese ambassy of Tbilisi.
2 x

Aasver

Post by Aasver »

French passport

I got a resident permit in Georgia.
Today I went with all papers needed: but this week there is "a problem", every non-georgian passport are rejected, even with a residence permit.
" - Is it a technical issue ?
- Kind of. "

Told me to come back next week, it will maybe be possible, but not for sure.

Will update!
2 x

Pjsingleton

Post by Pjsingleton »

It's been said but I can confirm - no China visas in Tbilisi for people not holding a residence permit.

I was told that from the end of May they will accept foreign passports but only if you have a residence permit, and for that you need to have a job and it take a about a month to obtain, based on my conversation with the Georgian Ministry of Justice on the phone.

So... between Georgia and China, does anyone know where to get a Chinese visa? Because I'm stuck
0 x

Radelman

Post by Radelman »

Are you cyclist? If yes it seems you have to sent your passport home.
If not. Think about going to Russia. To obtain the tourist visa in Tbilisi is very easy. Than try it in Ulanbataar or in Tokyo.
I'll do it in this way.
0 x

Pjsingleton

Post by Pjsingleton »

Yeah sending a passport home seems to be the only option but the UK and Australia (my passports) won't accept Chinese visa applications by citizens if they are not present in the country.

Russia isn't an option - I had a Russian friend check at the China embassy in Moscow embassy and they won't give you a visa unless you are registered there or have a Russian working visa.
0 x