Embassy reports: China visa from Tbilisi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Tinman

Re: Embassy reports: China visa from Tbilisi

Post by Tinman »

That sucks, sorry man. Unfortunately, it's impossible to visit Iran independently as a Canadian. Ugh. I think I'll have to go to a Consulate in Asia.
0 x

tomtimmerman

Post by tomtimmerman »

Two Dutch citizens trying to apply for Chinese visa in Tbilisi. Our application was rejected straight away, as we did not have a Georgian residence permit. All other documents were in place (copies, full itinerary, flight tickets, hotel bookings etc). Stating that we are living for several months in Georgia and that as EU citizens residence permits are not needed did not persuade the Consulate. We either needed a residence permit or proof of employment by a Georgian company. Guess that they have tightened up the rules again after a period where they were not asking for the permit.

As for the queueing, we got there at 6:30 and were the first. In total only 10 people showed up, so it was quite calm (but that could be just this day).

Hope for better luck in Teheran.
1 x

Travellings

Post by Travellings »

Tried also yesterday and we were rejected on same account. Anyone knows a way to get an employment letter? Don't hesitate to PM me! [email protected]
0 x

martin.wildi

Post by martin.wildi »

As of June 2019, Chinese visa can only be obtained at the consulate in Tbilisi if you are a resident of Georgia or if you are working in Georgia. Thus I was informed on June 24, 2019. Even having an invitation letter from a Chinese National did do nothing to get around this new rules.
0 x

Serbert

Post by Serbert »

Today we collected two Chinese visas from the Chinese embassy in Tbilisi, *without* residents permits or proof of employment.
We are two foreign nationals, one with a EU and one with a CIS passport. We were asked questions about residency/proof of employment as per previous posts in this thread. We didn’t have either but pointed out a Tbilisi residential address and Georgian mobile number on our forms, and mentioned we’d been living in Tbilisi for a number of months. Double entry visa issued 2x30 days.
Maybe we got lucky 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♂️
We were also required to show: booked flights, full itinerary (which we were asked about), hotel booking for arrival, bank statement. We didn’t have an LOI.
2 x

Pawel.Travel

Post by Pawel.Travel »

Polish and English were not eligible to apply because we did not have a residence permit
1 x

basti.s

Post by basti.s »

German tried today to get a Visa for China. No chance without residence permit. I even said that I'm a freelancer - then I need a certificate by a Georgian company I'm working for, the woman replied.
0 x

Traveltheline

Post by Traveltheline »

Swiss couple, no chance beginning of September. We would have needed a residence permit.
0 x

Floeff

Post by Floeff »

Two Swiss tried this week after the Chinese Holiday (Embassy closed for a week). We did not get a visa :cry:

We lined up at 7.15 and were like 5th group in line. By 9:30 there were more than 50 people! By 11:30 we were still there as people got in with an appointment. Somehow we got in at 12:30 and the girl at the counter (translator) said it is not possible. We asked to speak to the embassador and could speak to a Chinese 10min later. We showed our invitation letter and he did have a look at it. Also we said that we life here and that we have not been in our home country for half a year. We thought it is might possible but after 15min trying to convince him there was still only NO. He did not speak English so maybe there were things missed by the translation.
0 x

Eval Miko

Post by Eval Miko »

Today, 11th of March I was in China embassy in Tbilisi and was told that no visa applications are being taken at the moment, even from locals, Georgians.They did not know for how long its gonna last..as it is cause of this virus..
Few days ago one cycling australian girl picked up her China visa here in Tbilisi which she applied for few weeks ago. Shes not georgian but she asked someone at hostel to write her stamped letter of employment as a proof that she lives here, even if she wasnt. Alternative way is to open your own business , which is easy here in Georgia as a proof (~100 lari) and close it afterwards..yeah I know, things we do for this special visa 😏..but well these are the ways, which worked so far, but not in nowadays and update is needed in a future regarding the issue. :?: :roll:
2 x