LOI for Mongolia visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: LOI for Mongolia visa

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports and questions on the LOI for Mongolia below.

We summarize all info in the Mongolia visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Iskandar

LOI MONGOLIA VISA

Post by Iskandar »

Somebody know if for argentinian or venezuelan passport is necesary the LOI for a tourist mongolian visa?
0 x

puravida

LOI for Mongolia visa

Post by puravida »

Hello! We are two people living in China. We are planning our trip on the silk road for this summer. Before leaving China towards west we want to visit Mongolia for two weeks. We are an Italian citizen and a Costa Rica citizen. We called the Mongolian consulate in Beijing for some information about the tourist visa application. They unexpectedly told us that Costa Rica citizens should provide a LOI while applying for a tourist visa. After a first research on internet we couldn't find any information regarding LOI for Mongolian tourist visa. We would like to know:
- is there any reliable source with information about this matter?
- is there anybody who ever provided a LOI for a Mongolian visa? In that case, how does it work? Could it be helpful that we know a Mongolian citizen who could invite us?

Niko&Nathy
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi Niko,

good question, I am sadly not so at home in Mongolian visa matters as in the rest of Central Asia. Maybe CrazyDre knows more.

For the LOI, I googled LOI Mongolia, first result was this contact: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ ... a-mongolia

Try e-mailing them. You can also try your Mongolian friend to invite you but could potentially be a lot of hassle for them, not sure. I am sure that if you e-mail a bunch of tour companies at least one of them will be able to give you the LOI without joining a tour.

Please do let us know who you went with in the end and what the price was, it will be useful for future travelers.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Here is some more info on the LOI - http://www.mongoliavisa.com/invitation- ... ation.html
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

Honestly, Mongolia is a Country where LOI requirements vary terribly: it's more or less up to each embassy what to require, and it changes a lot over time.

I'd say Western embassies are more likely to require a LOI in general, while Eastern embassies usually don't require it for Westerners. Visas on arrival (possible if arriving by air and possibly by Train), however, always require a LOI.
0 x

puravida

Post by puravida »

Thank you Steven and Crazydre. I'm trying these ways. For sure I'll let you know then
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: LOI MONGOLIA VISA

Post by steven »

Hello Iskandar,

I don't know, please let us know if you find out! It really depends on the embassy you will apply at, it seems.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: LOI MONGOLIA VISA

Post by Crazydre »

Correct, Mongolia does not have any universal rules in this regard; rather it's up to each embassy, similarly to Pakistan

If you do have an LOI, you can also get a visa on Arrival at the Airport or when arriving by Train from Russia or China. You'd Need two photos, and the LOI would Need to state that the visa is to be picked up at the port of entry
0 x

puravida

Post by puravida »

Hi Steven, (temporary) update:
another call to the Mongolian embassy in Beijing resulted in different informations. They told us that Costa Rica citizens do not need LOI. We still haven't applied for the visa. We'll let you know once we are through.

Niko
1 x