Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
jordi_casas

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

Postby jordi_casas » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:37 am

Yesterday I got my visa for five days, spanish passport.

I applyied on 10/07/2016 and yesterday I gave my passport to the guy when they finally opened the window and I was told to wait. 10 minutes later I was paying with not really nice dollar notes and got my passport back with my visa on it.

Note that my exit point is on Garabogas, to kazakhstan. When I applyied guy in the office told me to write down in my handwritten letter that spanish passports doesn't need visa for 15 days in kazakhstan. So I did despite the very pessimistic comments about my chances of success from an Italian guy who was coming to pick up their visa.
1 x

RansNL

Postby RansNL » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:43 am

A Dutch visa company states the following on it's website:

"Until further notice, there are no transit visas issued for Turkmenistan anymore. Only regular visas are still possible."

I noticed someone on the forum getting his transit visa about 2 weeks ago but also a lot of people who were unsuccesful.
Does someone has any updates on this?
0 x

gaz457

Postby gaz457 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:44 am

I was told something similar at the embassy in London. A transit visa would only be issued if I was going to Uzbekistan or Iran for business and not tourism. After remonstrating with her for a while she said I could apply if I wanted but probably won't be successful. We decided to go for a tourist visa instead... 360 USD per person for 3 days and we can do it through land borders...
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:21 am

IMO, transit visas are still being issued at this very moment. But not many. The Dutch and London embassy's flat-out refusal is new, though. Before they would just accept your application, and refuse it 3 weeks later.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Postby roro » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:41 am

Hi everybody,

The main issue is: Where (in which consulate) it's the most reliable to make this application and where to pick-up it.....

RR.
0 x

olig

Postby olig » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:52 pm

I got my transit visa yesterday! (Aug 23rd)
I was pessimistic, especially because my no-objections letter from the French Embassy stated I was going to Turkmenistan with a tourism purpose. But everything went fine! Got my 5 days, entering from Sarakhs, exiting at Dashoguz.
I know one Belgian cyclist, two Swiss cyclists and two French cyclists who also got their transit visa in the last two weeks in Tehran (applied and picked up in Tehran), all of them with 5 days and on the Sarakhs-Farap route. And I know two French backpackers who got their application rejected.
That's all (:
0 x

roro

Postby roro » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:25 am

HI Olig,

"my no-objections letter from the French Embassy stated ...."
Last year I've got my Turkm. visa in Teh without any letter from French embassy (I'm French too...).
I've just gave them a letter of my own with some explanations about my trip in Turkm.
Are there new régulations about this transit visa?
RR.
0 x

Annette

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:52 pm

I (German) applied at August 16th for a Transitvisa at the Turkmenistan embassy in Tehran to pick up in Mashad. They told me it takes 10 days, at August 31st I received my transitvisa in Mashad - no problems at all.
0 x

olig

Postby olig » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:25 am

roro wrote:HI Olig,

"my no-objections letter from the French Embassy stated ...."
Last year I've got my Turkm. visa in Teh without any letter from French embassy (I'm French too...).
I've just gave them a letter of my own with some explanations about my trip in Turkm.
Are there new régulations about this transit visa?
RR.

I'm not sure! I guess I read around here that it was mandatory but maybe it's not. I needed one for the Chinese and Uzbek visa applications so I asked for this third letter without re-checking if it was mandatory or not!
0 x

kkarina320

Postby kkarina320 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Annette wrote:I (German) applied at August 16th for a Transitvisa at the Turkmenistan embassy in Tehran to pick up in Mashad. They told me it takes 10 days, at August 31st I received my transitvisa in Mashad - no problems at all.

hi Anette so it took much more than 10 days, right? we applied on Sunday in Tehran and our iranian visa is expiring on 15th.... so exactly 10 days after requesting for visa... we dont have guarantee if we are going to get one but at least we dont want to give up and think about other way to Uzbekistan unlit we are not sure we are rejected or now...

is it normal to wait much more than 10 days for the answer, or if we wrote in the application that we must enter 15th they will let us know early enough?

thank you :))))
0 x