Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
garyloam

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

Post by garyloam »

During Nowruz in Iran, does anyone know when turkmen embassy will start operate normally?
If I come to Iran in early Apr, say 6-10 Apr, is it everything back to normal, including embassy service?

Thanks
0 x

HogoMogo

Post by HogoMogo »

Hi,

We are a couple traveling with Romanian Passport and we got the Visa pretty easy at the consulate in Mashad.

We applied for a Turkmen transit visa on 02.12 2019 in Teheran.
I filled the official application form (with qr code, use acrobat reader for that) and printed this in color. The letter describing our route and request was copied from the forum. We arrived at the embassy in Teheran at about 9:00 and had to wait for 1 hour until the tiny window opened and a guy was asking for our papers. We gave him the application form in color (he asked for color print), pictures and request letter. He gave us another form to fill up and asked for color passport copies. We had black/white copies so he was nice enough to make copies for us since everything was closed. After waiting for 15 more minutes he asked for 10$ each and gave us a number to call in one week for the result.

One week later (12.12.2019) I called the embassy on the number i got and after a short discussion with the nice lady, she told me that we were accepted, and gave us a reference number that was valid for 3 months.

We arrived in Mashad at the consulate today (on 08.01.2020) and again here is an even tinier window. Here we gave our passports and our reference code to the consulate worker, who made us fill another form with the new entry dates in Turkmenistan. Photos were requested again and 55$ each. We were there at 10:30 and the guy said to come back after 13:00 to pick up our passports.

At 13:15 we were there but to our surprise the office was closed. We rang at the intercom and a voice told us to return after 15:00 because the consulate worker isn't there. (The guard at the door told me that they closed at around 12:20). We left for a coffee and returned at 15:00 and again rang at the intercom. This time no one answered and after a short wait, the consulate worker came out and handed us our Passports.

The schedule of the consulate is Sunday-Thursday 09:00-13:00 but aparently it changes according to the mood of the guy working there.

All in all we received our visa so no complaints from me :D
1 x

brunoaroundtheworld

Post by brunoaroundtheworld »

Hi! I'm an Italian solo traveler and i got visa easily in Tehran.
I applied on January 8th. I arrived at embassy at 9, but the visa officer was not there, so i came back at 10.30. I had all the documents ready,in colors, and he gave me another paper to fill. I paid 10 dollars and he told me I would have had an answer in 5/7 days.
The next Wednesday I called the embassy and they told me my application has been accepted, and that I could pick it up the next day.
On Thursday I went at 9.30 at the embassy, I paid 45 dollars and in 10 minutes they gave me the Visa.

So, in total 55 dollars and one week.
2 x

bovermaat

Post by bovermaat »

Hello Esther

Please put the pdf form on this site or send it to me: [email protected]
We will be in Teheran on 15-03. Our visa in Brussels is not approved. So we will try it there
Thanks
0 x