Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
thierry

Turkmenistan transit visa: so easy !

Postby thierry » Sat May 20, 2017 5:31 pm

No problem faced to get my transit visa in Tehran embassy. It has taken 45 minutes in Ankara embassy on April,12th. I didn't hide that I was traveling by bicycle. I got their Ok reply on May,3rd. I went to Tehran embassy on May,16th and had the visa 20 minutes later.
1 x

Twoontwowheels

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

Postby Twoontwowheels » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:05 am

Hi there!
We just got our 5 day transit Visa in Teheran after applying here 12 days ago. We are on one German and one Swiss passport. We needed everything exactly as it was mentioned here. We said in our letter that we are cyclists.When you apply you fil out one form about personal details. you then get a real application form to be filled out at home. You bring this,a second copy of your passport and another picture together with 55USD when you pick up the Visum. At least you don't pay this way when you get rejected.

Another thing: when you call to find out about the status of your application dial the number
021 2220 6306 (The embassy gives you the number without the area code 021).
If you have Abby questions just ask :-)
0 x

roro

Postby roro » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks for this info...

" I got their Ok reply on May,3rd." How did you got tis reply? SMS,mail?

RR.
0 x

Aasver

Postby Aasver » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:05 pm

French passport, hitch-hiker

I gave:
- passport photocopy
- Uzbek visa photocopy
- the hand-writted letter, where I asked for Bajgiran to Farap, with dates of entry and exit, my passport number, and I didn't say anything about my type of transport

And also 2 extra documents:
- Chinese visa photocopy
- recommendation letter from the french embassy (ask one day, get it the next day, for free. Ask Mme Ardalan)

They told me on the 10th day the reply: REFUSED.
1 x

PIE

Postby PIE » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 am

Two Belgian motorbikers, requested on the 18th June. Filled in the paperwork, wrote a letter with mention of the entry/exit dates and places (Bajgiran/Farap). Did not mention that we were travelling by motorbike. Requested pick-up in Mashad.

We arrived 10:55, while the visa section officially closed at 11:00. In practice the door would occasionally open to accept/provide documents until at least 13:00.

Called the number posted at the embassy (02122206731) 10 days later. One accepted, one refused. No reason given for refusal. Possible reasons are beard in passport photo, the fact that the refused one already had been to Turkmenistan twice for work or just the regular TM visa randomness..

Now in Baku waiting for the ferry to Aktau ;)

PS: Also came across 4 Dutch guys travelling by motorbike who all got accepted! (Mentioning travel by motorbike and also including a letter from the Dutch embassy)
2 x

Ciaran55

Postby Ciaran55 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,
applied in Anakara June 5th to pick up Transit visa in Yerevan..We had not received email by the time we got to Yerevan but still visited embassy, which is 148 not 138 in embassy update report FYI. The lady was helpful, she said if you have visa letter can pick up visa anywhere, we received visa letter by email after 3 weeks, went to Tehran yesterday and named our dates and picked up.
It did not matter about where we pick up it seems...
2 irish passports
1 x

Jejune_vagabond

Postby Jejune_vagabond » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am

Ciaran55 wrote:Hi,
applied in Anakara June 5th to pick up Transit visa in Yerevan..We had not received email by the time we got to Yerevan but still visited embassy, which is 148 not 138 in embassy update report FYI. The lady was helpful, she said if you have visa letter can pick up visa anywhere, we received visa letter by email after 3 weeks, went to Tehran yesterday and named our dates and picked up.
It did not matter about where we pick up it seems...
2 irish passports

Did you not have to specify entry and exit dates when you applied in Ankara? Also did you have a letter of no obligation or something similar?

Edit: Self confirmed. Do need to put dates and didn't need a letter to apply. Still waiting though.
0 x

Ciaran55

Postby Ciaran55 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:17 am

we were able to name dates when picking up, as letter from MFA we had received didn't show any dates, just borders
0 x

Ciaran55

Postby Ciaran55 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:09 pm

no letter of obligation, never heard of this, we waited 3 weeks 4 days for letter,
I rang Ankara embassy quite few times and then they told me he were approved and sent email with letter, which was dated issued 8 days beforehand..
0 x

silviapalac

Postby silviapalac » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi !!

Two Spanish travellers, man and woman, single, APPROVED VISAS.
We applied in Teheran. We handed in:

- 1 visa picture.

- colour-full passport copy (actually some b&W copies were rejected in that moment, consulate worker asked for colourfull copies).

- colour-full Uzbekistan visa (I think it is important to make clear if you do not need visa, otherwise they might think it is missing and reject you).

- hand-written letter, asking for entry and exit places and also dates (take care when you pick up your visa, both dates and exit place provided in the visa were different than requested ones). We also included passport number, full name, email & telephone number, although they never contacted us. We also mentioned we wanted to pick up visa in Mashhad. Later we discovered you can pick up visa indistinctly.
We also mention the name and details of both travellers in the same letter, and provide two exact copies, in case they arrange visas individually they don't think one letter is missing.

In the Letter we mention the purpose is transit, no holidays, no Silk Road, no visits. We don't mention any city.

- Fill in form. In 'location of planned visit in Turkmenistan' we typed ONLY TRANSIT, although people who typed some places also got it.

They consulate worker said 10 days. And after 10 natural days exactly, we got a yes.
You can check by phone about your visa status: +98 021 2220 6306. Once you stop hearing "ring-rings" press 2 and you will be able to talk to them.
In case your visa is still under process they will provide a 4 number code that you must advise next time you call them :)

bestest lucks!
Attachments
horario-turkmen.jpg
horario-turkmen.jpg (192.87 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
info-turkmen.jpg
info-turkmen.jpg (244.39 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
personal-turkem.jpg
personal-turkem.jpg (196 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
0 x