Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
kappazeta

Re: Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran

Post by kappazeta »

Two Italians, applied and picked up in Tehran, 10 exact days, 10 dollars each when we applied and 45 each when we picked up. Everybody at the embassy very helpful and flexible.

We arrived 1 minute before closing time to apply and they accepted our application, no problem (they just checked the copy of Iranian visas and gave it back to us right away), we just had to ring the bell and wait a little bit. We try to call the day before going to pick them up but nobody answered, when we arrived at 10:30 there was a sign saying that just on that day they were open until 10. Again we rang the bell, we asked and we gave our names (we didn't have a reference number), visas were ready, we payed and picked them up. There is a very helpful young woman that speaks good English. 5 days, dates as from our application forms.
2 x

TwoItalians

Post by TwoItalians »

Two italian passports, applied for Transit visa via e mail at the embassy in Italy/Rome more than 2 month in advance. After 4 or 5 phone calls to the embassy in Rome we got an e mail with a reference number. They told us in the embassy that this number should be valid either at the turkmen consulate in Tehran or Mashad or directly at the border. We got the 5 day transit visa in Tehran on the same day (April 13, 2019) paying express charge (55 USD each, 10 Euros each paid already in Italy). After showing the reference number in the morning, we got it at 5 p.m. Very friendly young woman.
3 x

Weltentakt

Post by Weltentakt »

Hol,
I applied today in Teheran.
They have a new form which you need to bring with you!
They don’t hand it out ...
You can get it from: http://migration.gov.tm/en/
Go to “foreign citizen” -> “Visa Registration and extension” and then download the pdf and fill it out.
At the end press the “generate qr code” button.
Example of how to fill out the form:
1st page
The person in the counter pointed out that the “inviting party” is very important (just copy the name from the example).

2nd page
You also should have an application letter for your transit visa in a specific form:
When you come by bike, motorcycle or car you should write this also.
They give you a form to fill out and you need to have 2 passport pictures and a colored copy of your passport.
And of course pay 10 Dollars 😉

Hope this helps :)
I will see if it worked for me in 10 days ☺️
3 x

sfymoises

Post by sfymoises »

Weltentakt's post is very useful, thanks.

I plan to cross border from Dashoguz to Khiva, so which exit point should I choose in the form?

And, this application letter still by written or just print it out?
0 x

hh2sg

Post by hh2sg »

We picked up our visas in Tehran today! Paid $45/person upon collection (on top of the $10/person we paid when we applied). We initially said we will collect in Mashhad, but we called them to check if we could pick it up in Tehran and they said we can pick it up anywhere (in Iran, we assume).

The number we called to check the status of our application is +982122206731. One time, someone picked up the call, and the second time, a machine picked up the call (no more ring tone), we pressed 111 and it started ringing again, and then someone picked up the call.

The sample written letter also seems to be updated now:
IMG-20190520-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190520-WA0003.jpg (155.12 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
3 x

Tjolder

Post by Tjolder »

Hello, downloading that turkmenin visa application form on the official site doesn't work at all. At least, I can not open it and read it. Can anyone send me the file? I will also apply in Teheran next days.
Thx [email protected]
1 x

helen

Post by helen »

Hi, I am also having some trouble to download the file from the website. Is it possible for someone to send it to me as well? my email is [email protected] Thanks!!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

You have to open the file from Adobe Reader, as it downloads content from within the reader and also uploads some information (you complete the application and then generate a QR code from within the document, and I believe it sends the QR code and application information back to the government).

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Then the application file is at the bottom of this page:
http://migration.gov.tm/en/citizen/regi ... l-of-visa/
1 x

Foodinmybugs

Post by Foodinmybugs »

bwv812 wrote:You have to open the file from Adobe Reader, as it downloads content from within the reader and also uploads some information (you complete the application and then generate a QR code from within the document, and I believe it sends the QR code and application information back to the government).
After downloading and opening the form, content is neither received nor sent back to a 3rd party over the internet. The whole process works offline.

The reason why the form is not displayed in most PDF readers is that it uses a proprietary PDF extension ("XFA forms") which is unsupported by most readers. Another application which supports such PDFs with XFA forms (e.g. on Linux) is "Master PDF Editor" (not fun to work with, but it does the job).
2 x

Foodinmybugs

Turkmenistan Transit Visa in Tehran (rejected)

Post by Foodinmybugs »

German passport. Applied in Tehran exactly 2 weeks ago.

Today I received a rejection notice via email (from a Gmail account!?).
Hello
Mr. XXXX
We are sorry to say that Your transit visa is rejected... .
If you have questions, you can call 009821222...
Embassy of turkmenistan in tehran
Called the first number (which is, according to Google in fact the correct number of the embassy) and a friendly lady told me this:
"Sorry, but we cannot tell you anything about the reason. We just get the result back from Turkmenistan. You cannot apply again immediately, only after you wait ((1-2 months))*. I suggest you to find another route."
* Skype VOIP connection was pretty bad, could not understand clearly
0 x