Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Kazakhstan in Tbilisi below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Kazakhstan visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Paul Max

Report: Kazakh consulate in Tbilisi, Georgia

Post by Paul Max »

Belgian/American dual citizen here:

Stopped into the Kazakh consulate this morning to confirm that Americans can still enter visa-free for 15 days and make sure I can leave to Kyrgyzstan and re-enter Kazakhstan to renew the 15 days. Both were confirmed. The woman there is hopeful and said she thinks 99% it will be extended, but she has no confirmation yet. She also said that if you enter on the 10th of July, for example, you only have 5 days of visa-free travel (until the 15th), not the full 15 days.

The woman I spoke with was very friendly and very professional. She also gave me a photo guide to Kazakhstan when I left since this will be my first visit. She confirmed that if I stay beyond the 15th of July I should apply for a visa with Belgian passport ($60), as opposed to USA passport ($160), and that the process is the same for both (pictures, application, copy of passport). She hinted that the process and cost should be the same for all embassies in other countries as well.

Note that Google Maps gave me the wrong location for the consulate when I put in the (correct) address provided on this site. Actual location was 2 streets NW of the point given to me on GMaps. I had to ask a guy for directions because I ended up in a tiny alley nearby.

PM
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Report: Kazakh consulate in Tbilisi, Georgia

Post by steven »

Thank you!
0 x

charley777
Supporter
Supporter

Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi

Post by charley777 »

Greetings
I have today gone to the Kazakhstan embassy in Tbilisi hoping to get a double entry visa valid for 2 months. It seems this is no longer possible...it would only be valid 30 days whether single, double or triple entry. Which means i will need two seperate visas because i land in Almaty on 6 July and fly out on 4 September. During that time i plan to travel in Kyrgyzstan (where i will hopefully get Tadjik visa and GBAO permit) and return to Kazakhstan via Kyrgyzstan. So i will try for a second Kazakh visa in Bishkek...a transit visa would do.

The other thing is that the Kazakh Consul in Tbilisi IS AWAY THIS WEEK.
And in the following weeks i had wanted to go to Azerbaijan (have visa thanks to the excellent services of STI) and Armenia. So i have contacted through this site an agent in Kazakhstan for LOI to see about a visa on arrival at Almaty airport.
Should mention that i travel with New Zealand passport.
Does this sound feasible?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi..Consul away this week

Post by steven »

That's scary news, hope it only applies to Tblisi. Why not apply for your Kazakh visa in Baku? Maybe they still give 2-month visas. It sounds to me like a grumpy embassy worker in Tblisi, this should still be possible.
0 x

charley777
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi..Consul away this week

Post by charley777 »

Yes it did seem strange. But the person i saw was very nice, apologetic even....perhaps a secretary. I am not going as far as Baku actually (just spending a week in the mountain areas of north-western Azerbaijan), but have a Plan B. I have bought a $55 air ticket Almaty to Bishkek so that i spend about 14 hours in Almaty airport after landing from Tbilisi at 4.15 am and connect with the Bishkek evening flight. So will try for a single entry Kazakh visa later on my way back through Kyrgyzstan after circling through Tadjikistan. The joys of bureaucracy and the importance of flexibility! That way i won't need a LOI at all and still get to spend some time in Kazakhstan.
0 x

jenejene

Kazakhstan Visa in Tbilisi

Post by jenejene »

I was told by an agency that I need to be a resident of Georgia to be eligible to apply for Kazakhstan tourist visa in Tbilisi. Is this true? Has anyone applied recently and not a resident?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kazakhstan Visa in Tbilisi

Post by steven »

0 x

Indianaglobe

Re: Embassy report: Kazakh visa in Tbilisi

Post by Indianaglobe »

Dear fellow travellers,

Quick updates for the non-westerners who need a visa to cross Kazakstan : it IS possible to get a transit Visa at the Tbilissi embassy.

I am a Peruvian citizen, and got the visa in 2 days (normally 5 days but I found out lately that I needed a transit visa and luckily the embassy staff was very nice and helpful to that I can get it in 2 days).

Documents submitted :
- Application form with a 35x45mm picture
- Tickets in and out of Kazakstan (direct train from Volgograd Russia to Nukus Uzbekistan in my case)
- Uzbekistan visa so that they are sure I can leave the country
- Visa fees paid on site : 20usd by card
- They made a copy of my passport
- I also had a proof of insurance but they didn't care

Consular section is open from 9:30am to 12:30pm on weekdays except Wednesdays and Kazak public holidays. Officially you do need to make and appointment online and print the confirmation to get in, but they didn't check anything in our case.

Hope this will help some of you :)
2 x