UzbekVisa in Dubai, Iran on arrival, Turkmen visa in Yerevan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Shift_tomove

UzbekVisa in Dubai, Iran on arrival, Turkmen visa in Yerevan

Post by Shift_tomove »

Hi!

Getting my Uzbek visa in Dubai was stressful, because there isn't a clear system or any signs about how things are organised inside the consulate office. The officers spoke English, but volunteered little information, and most people wer speaking Russian, and I assume Uzbek in there. They accepted USD, but were a little put out when I didn't have AED. I'd recommend using dirhams instead, it'll make the lengthy process go a little faster.

Iranian visas on arrival are super easy, but have some spare $USD or Euro! I think I may have been overcharged for mine, and I found out later that people had paid different prices, but I couldn't be sure if that was due to differing nationalities. Euros is definitely the go here. The insurance you need seems to be a bit flexible - my insurance had Middle East, which was just enough to convince the officer, but the French lady in front had 'worldwide' written on hers,and he made her take out the $18USD policy. So I guess smile and be polite and see how it goes!

For the Turkmen visa, the embassy was very quick to respond to my emails initially. I had a reply within 3 hours! I organised to get my LOI, based on picking up the visa from Yerevan, but subsequent emails to the embassy have been ignored. I'll update this post once I know how things go in the next few days!

Have a read through in more detail here https://shifttomove.wordpress.com/2016/ ... ddle-east/
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: UzbekVisa in Dubai, Iran on arrival, Turkmen visa in Yerevan

Post by steven »

Am interested in hearing about the Turkmen Abu Dhabi embassy. A new listing for me!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Shift_tomove

Re: UzbekVisa in Dubai, Iran on arrival, Turkmen visa in Yerevan

Post by Shift_tomove »

Quick update on the Yerevan embassy:

The address is as per Google, which is nice! It's in a residential area and the number is quite hidden, other than the sole guy in uniform nearby, I'd have missed it. The taxi driver didn't look too convinced. I was the only person there, and got taken into a little office. Felt a little like an interview room.

The lady was a little abrupt, but helpful enough, and the forms I had filled out (courtesy of Caravnisatn) were ignored. I was given the correct ones (basically the same, different formatting and no questions regarding my salary), she made sure I filled it out correctly, and then told me to come back in 3 days. It was $US35, paid before or after picking it up.

I've got more detail on my blog page regarding this as well
0 x