Transit visa for Uzbekistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Bart_PL

Re: Transit visa for Uzbekistan

Post by Bart_PL »

By contrast I had read that it takes less time than applying for tourist visa (LOI). And indeed, in Warsaw it was exactly 5 business days.
0 x

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

In Almaty you can get an ordinary tourist visa the same day, if you have a LOI. Without it will probably take many days...
I just wonder if I will save time by getting a LOI even if it's a transit visa.
0 x

Bart_PL

Post by Bart_PL »

So just take the ordinary tourist visa with LOI... You will have it on the same day...
0 x

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

If I don't get any serious advice, I will concider to get a LOI. But it's a waste of money (and time) if I don't need it..
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

It's a good question Gunnar. I have no reports to say it is quicker or the same procedure for the transit visa, but since you do not need a LOI at all, I would venture that it will be quicker. You have to ask the embassy you are applying at, really, since every embassy is likely to have its own rules as well.

http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan/transit/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

JAY BANG

A question about transit visa Uzbekistan

Post by JAY BANG »

hello. im a student studying in Almaty as exchange student.
the biggest holiday is coming soon, so im planning to visit ~stan countries around kazakhstan
first of all, my travel rout will begin from almaty -osh- dushanbe(through pamir highway) - samarkant - tashkent - almaty
as you can, we will visit uabekistan. and i know that i need VISA, but it takes too long time and my holiday will be a week later
so i have no time to get tourist VISA.
fortunately, i goy heard that i can get transit VISA maximum 3days.
the point is that is it possible to get transit visa for 3days as my plan above?
even though it is from dushanbe to samarkant(2day) and from samarkant to tashkent(1day) and from tashkent to almaty by train, not by airplane
the bottom line is that i want to know if i can get transi visa for3days when i travel uzbek by train
thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: A question about transit visa

Post by steven »

It takes the same amount of time as a tourist visa, so if you do not have enough time for a tourist visa then you have the same problem with a transit visa.
0 x

aal

Uzbek transit visa. What does 1 day mean?

Post by aal »

Hi,

I am planning to apply in Dunshabe for a transit visa to cross Uzbekistan, either into Turkmenistan, or into Kazakhstan. Which way I choose to go largely depends on the answer to this question. Yes, I am aware that I must specify the route when making the application.

The question I have is answered in the visa section, but the answer is, to me, unclear. This is what the uzbek transit visa section says:

" If you have a 1-day visa, you have 1 day to exit and enter, not 24 hours. Same for 2 or 3-day visas."

What does that mean? For example, if one enters on Monday, and say it is a 1-day transit visa, does that mean you have to leave on Monday (so you have less than 24 hours), or sometime on Tuesday (and you may have more than 24 hours?

I am asking this because, in Belarus recently, 1 day would have meant leaving on the same calendar day and the 5 days I got was including the arrival day and the departure day, so it was really only 4 days.

Also, Uzbekistan MFA website says 72 hours.

Somewhat confused.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Uzbek transit visa. What does 1 day mean?

Post by bwv812 »

1 day = same day, same as Belarus.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbek transit visa. What does 1 day mean?

Post by steven »

I will try to explain it better then. It does clearly say that you can also get a 2 or 3-day visa, though.
0 x