Kyrgyzstan Visa in Tashkent

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan Visa in Tashkent

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Kyrgyzstan in Tehran below.

We summarize all info in the Kyrgyzstan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Travelphernalia

Kyrgyzstan Visa in Tashkent

Postby Travelphernalia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience getting a tourist visa in Tashkent. The location is indeed on
30 Niyozbek Yo'li 6-tor ko'chasi, Тошкент, Uzbekistan

To get a taxi there, just ask a taxi driver to drop you in Toshkent Irrigasia va Meliorasia Instituti, which everyone knows about. From there is like 1 minute walk. Google shows the correct location.

Opening hours are no longer Monday to Thursday, but the following:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. It is closed on Wednesdays.
Reception of documents: 10-12
Pickup of documents: 15-17

However, arrive early on as there is a list where the police outside the embassy write your name and that's the number to enter. If you arrive by 9-9:15 am you will be better than arriving at 10am.

Basically, I arrived at 9:30 and got number 8. The consulate doesn't really open until 10am so you will be waiting there...under the sun with very few places to sit down. My turn wasn't called in until like 11:50am. I was inside for less than 5 minutes. The lady (no English spoken so prepare your sign language) gave me the application form to fillout which takes less than 2 minutes to fill in. She takes your 2 photographs (passport size) and your passport.

She then told me it was $110 for 6-10 processing days or $220 for the 'express' service of 3 days (taking into account that day as day 1). My jaw dropped. I had read reports that a visa costs between $75-$90 and the express option was $110USD. I was in shock and told her $220 was too much money and that my Uzbek visa didn't allowed me to stay for 6-10 more days. She then went inside for like a minute. Came back and told me to wait outside. Again, I was out in the sun for another 40 minutes before she came back out and told me to come back at 3pm.

I came back again at 3pm not knowing what the story was going to be. $220 sounded like a LOT. I went back at 3pm and had to wait for another 30-40 minutes until I was invited to come in again. She said that my visa was going to be ready on Wednesday (all this happened on Monday). I told her that according to the post outside they were closed on Wednesdays. She said she was going to be there, to come on Wednesday at 4pm.

I asked if I needed to pay and she said to go outside to the courtyard. There, I paid her $120 USD. She said that she didn't have any change but that on Wednesday she would have it.

And so I left my passport there. I had abolutely no receipt of anything, payment or even that they had my passport. This had me a little bit nervous for a couple of days. Anyway, I went back today (Wednesday) at 4pm. The police guards outside told me that today it was closed. I said that the lady had said to come back today (all this in sign language, again, no English spoken). I waited until 4:30pm until the lady came out.

She had my passport ready with my visa for the dates that I have requested, 1 month (single entry tho, that was my mistake) and my $10USD change back.

All looked ok and I went.

I don't know if I was lucky or what exactly the process is. They are very corteous but the $220 did throw me off at the beginning and not having any receipt.

Anyway, I have the visa now.

What I brought to the embassy:
- Passport
- Passport Copy (black and white was ok)
- 2 passport pics (both were required)
- All my hotel registration slips (the police does ask and checks for these when they are putting your name on the list)

- The visa application form is given once you are inside the embassy so don't worry about printing one out yourself. And it is in English.
- I didn't need a letter of invitation (I am a Mexican citizen), but if your country requires one you will need to bring that as well.
1 x

Travelphernalia

Re: Kyrgyzstan Visa in Tashkent

Postby Travelphernalia » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 pm

And BTW, there's a little cafe place called La Luna *prob 200 meters, infront of the Intituti where you can go and wait. It is going to be a LONG wait.
1 x