Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Russia in Tehran below.

We summarize all info on the Russia visa page.

See here if you are still in need of a letter of invitation for your Russian visa.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

rienesl

Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

Postby rienesl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:50 am

Short: Not possible
Long: In an internet cafe (coffee net) nearby (35.706019, 51.412102), you have to go to https://visa.kdmid.ru/ and fill out that form. All other forms are denied at the entrance. When printed it out, you go (walk, its only 1,2km) to the consulate @ 35.697376, 51.414698 (NOT the embassy, which is across the street) and wait for hours, unless you came one our in advance and have yourself put on the list (as I did). Inside, you can glue the photo in the form(they provide glue) while waiting for an other 2-3 hours. Then finally they will tell you, that they can't do anything for you, because you have no Iranian citizenship.
PS @ caravanistan orga: If you write a long text, you are automatically getting logged out. If you push "Preview" you have to log in again and guess what? All your text is gone. Very nice...
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 am

Thank you rienesl! Sorry to hear you lost your long post. I haven't heard of this bug from anyone else...will keep an eye out if it happens again, otherwise i think it might have been Iranian internet rather than us.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 am

It's possible you were somewhere that was using a VPN service that automatically changes its IP address every so often. This would make the forum think you were logging in from a different computer, and thus require a new login.
1 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com