Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Russia in Tehran below.

We summarize all info on the Russia visa page.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

rienesl

Embassy Report: Russian Visa at Teheran

Postby rienesl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:50 am

Short: Not possible
Long: In an internet cafe (coffee net) nearby (35.706019, 51.412102), you have to go to https://visa.kdmid.ru/ and fill out that form. All other forms are denied at the entrance. When printed it out, you go (walk, its only 1,2km) to the consulate @ 35.697376, 51.414698 (NOT the embassy, which is across the street) and wait for hours, unless you came one our in advance and have yourself put on the list (as I did). Inside, you can glue the photo in the form(they provide glue) while waiting for an other 2-3 hours. Then finally they will tell you, that they can't do anything for you, because you have no Iranian citizenship.
PS @ caravanistan orga: If you write a long text, you are automatically getting logged out. If you push "Preview" you have to log in again and guess what? All your text is gone. Very nice...
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:25 am

Thank you rienesl! Sorry to hear you lost your long post. I haven't heard of this bug from anyone else...will keep an eye out if it happens again, otherwise i think it might have been Iranian internet rather than us.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 am

It's possible you were somewhere that was using a VPN service that automatically changes its IP address every so often. This would make the forum think you were logging in from a different computer, and thus require a new login.
1 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com