Mongolia visa extension

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
David

Re: Border crossing mongolia

Post by David »

Here now our experience at the immigration office in Olgii:
http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2083
0 x

Angela

MONGOLIA VISA EXTENSION updated information

Post by Angela »

Hi guys, I know it is a pretty detail information that can be found on here https://caravanistan.com/visa/mongolia/. However when I keep searching about how long does it take to extend visa in Mongolia (just a normal tourist visa and not even more than 30 days), almost everyone says it'll take only a few hours and I can get it on the same day but the official website of immigration says it'll take 3 to 5 days.
Is there anyone knows the most updated information on this? Please enlighten me! Quite desperate to know this beforehand. Many thanks!!!
0 x

julistan

Re: Mongolia visa extension

Post by julistan »

Extensions are done within an hour.
With a regular 30 days "paid visa, you can extend another 28 days. You can do it up to 4 days before the end of your visa.
The 30 days visa free countries cant extend their stamp. They need to apply for a regular visa beforehand and then extend it in Mongolia in UB or Olgii.
The 90 days visa free countries must register within the first 7 days once they arrive. If they stay less than 30 days, no need to register. The registration seems to be possible in more cities over the country but i cant say which ones exactly, except UB and Olgii.
1 x

julistan

Post by julistan »

The extension is up to 30 days and cost 11.140.000 T. If you wish that many days.
0 x

julistan

Post by julistan »

Some +/- 38€
0 x

Naick_berden

Post by Naick_berden »

We went for the extension yesterday and received it. It was very easy.
- immigration office is near the airport
- you can take bus number 7 from the bus stop opposite the national library. Buy a bus card (U Money Card, 3600 MTN for just the card), the bus ride is 500.
- get off at the bus stop in front of the sports center
- the building is marked 'immigration office' in big letters. The entrance is in the building next door.
- once you get, go right to the office. There, on you right side you can request the extension form and a copy of your passport. This was free.
- Take a number.
- complete the form
- go to the desk when your number is called.
- you get a ticket from the officer and go to the bank inside the same building to pay.
- go back to the officer and collect your passport

It was very easy and took us just 40mins.
1 x