Embassy report: Mongolian visa Beijing

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mongolian embassy report and question

Postby steven » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Please read and post reports and questions on the embassy of Mongolia in Beijing below.

We summarize all info in the Mongolia visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Tennis_Tom

Embassy report: Mongolian visa Beijing

Postby Tennis_Tom » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:06 am

Hello,

I am an Irish passport holder currently in Hohhot, travelling around Mongolia and the silk road.
I researched Mongolia in November when it was still visa free for irish citizens.
Therefore I got a train from Beijing to Ulan Bator last week and only realised whilst on the train that I needed a visa. So I had to get off and go to Hohhot. Unfortunately it is NAdaam festival in Mongolia this week.

Regardging Mongolian embassies in China - the one in Hohhot is closed not only for Nadaam but for the entire week Nadaam is in. The guard said that the ones in Erlian and Beijing were closed too but this may not be 100%. The Hohhot one is deiniftely closed for the entire week.
I am writing this down as there is absolutely nothing on the internet saying whether Mongolian embassies are open during NBadaam or not. The only website I could find in the entire woirld was the washington DC one which said it would be closed for Nadaam. Not one other one I found had information about this.

I do not want to wait an entire week in Hohhot. I have a Russian visa so I am thinking about entering Russia through eastern China and then going back down through Mongolia, picking up a visa in Ulan Ude or Irkutsk

Does anyone have any embassy reports on the Mongolian consulate in either Irkutsk or Ulan Ude?
I cannot find any information in my guidebook or on the internet

Thanks
Tom
0 x

boats.and.bikes

Re: Mongolian embassy report and question

Postby boats.and.bikes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 am

:D Re Mongolian Embassy Beijing.
British passport holder - 30 day requested and issued
I unwittingly went to apply for a 30 day tourist visa the day before the embassy shut for Mongolian New Year (27 Feb to 6 March). On arriving and seeing the printed note I felt utterly deflated but on asking the visa officer was told to come back tomorrow and that I didn't have to pay an express service set of fees. I didn't mention any LOI and no documents (accommodation etc) were requested but I had taken a screenshot of a UB hostel with address which was needed for the form . The photo lady with her van who has been mentioned on other sites was absent and there is no where less than a 15min walk for printing .. luckily I had sorted photos prior to arriving. The embassy provided the form however. I currently have a Chinese work permit, I'm not sure if this was spotted or made any difference. My point really being a) check Embassy holiday dates but b) always ask because you might get, closures can work in your favour!!!
Best wishes! :D
0 x

Eden1984

Mongolia Embassy Beijing

Postby Eden1984 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am

Does anyone know if someone else can submit your visa application/passport? Or perhaps recommend an agency to do this in China?

I have been trying to call the embassy for the last few days but have not managed to get through. I’m based in China (and hold a residents card) but I can’t get the time off to go through to Beijing and submit myself. Ideally I would have a friend submit it then the embassy could post it back to my address.

I'm also curious to know if there is an express service available.

I’ve struggled to find much info online and what I have found seems a little conflicting, any help would be much appreciated :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Mongolia Embassy Beijing

Postby steven » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Eden1984 wrote:Does anyone know if someone else can submit your visa application/passport? Or perhaps recommend an agency to do this in China?

I'm also curious to know if there is an express service available.

I’ve struggled to find much info online and what I have found seems a little conflicting, any help would be much appreciated :)

Our embassy reports on the Beijing embassy talk of a 2016 case where someone mailed in their passports and got an express service as well.

https://caravanistan.com/visa/mongolia/#embassy-reports
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D