Embassy report: Chinese visa in Baku

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Chinese visa in Baku

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of China in Baku below.

We summarize all info on the China visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jamesaroundtheworld

Embassy report: Chinese visa in Baku

Post by Jamesaroundtheworld »

So I just got back from the Chinese embassy in Baku which opened pretty promptly and there was very little waiting time, but unfortunately without a working permit or residency of Azerbaijan there is no chance of getting a visa to China. Grrrrrrrr!!!! I'm annoyed at myself as I was in Tbilisi a few days ago and they are giving them out willy nilly with hardly any hotel bookings and no falsified flights either!!! I'm cycling through Khazikstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgistan next can anyone help with a location for a Chinese visa pleaseeeeee????!! Thanks!
1 x

Burndi

Re: Chinese visa in Baku no longer available

Post by Burndi »

I also went to the chinese embassy today and the man behind the desk told me the same: Its not possible for tourists to apply for a visa in baku. He didnt even understand english. Some students helped me translating. I try it again on Wednesday maybe there is some other personal.
Im cycling through iran and I try to apply in teheran if it doesnt work in baku.

Maybe you can go back to Tbilisi to apply.

Greetings
1 x

Jamesaroundtheworld

Post by Jamesaroundtheworld »

I have considered possibilities to return to Tbilisi but unfortunately I only have a single entry visa for Azerbaijan. Let me know what happens on Wednesday maybe I can try again too? I did ask a travel agent afterwards to see if there was any possibility but they had the same opinion as the embassy...well good luck anyway!!
0 x

Burndi

Post by Burndi »

Nope, wasnt possible. I try to apply in Teheran.
0 x

Fiestje

Post by Fiestje »

Good luck... We applied for Chinese visa in Tehran and got our passports back today: only 1+1 although we asked for 3+3. Useless visa, as we never get in China in one month (cycling). Some cyclists get easily 3+3, others don't, so it seems a bit like a lottery. We are now considering to fly to Tbilisi to apply for 3+3...
0 x

Zevla

May 2017 - visa in Baku not possible

Post by Zevla »

A couple of days ago, we called the Chinese embassy in Baku and got a negative answer - visa just for residents.
0 x

cyberol

Post by cyberol »

About 2 weeks ago, we were in Baku and tried to get a Chinese visa from the embassy, but they would not consider any request without resident permits. (no matter which passport you carry)
1 x

avelolasticot

Post by avelolasticot »

End of October 2017, still not possible
1 x
Two girls cycling from France to ... ? http://avelolasticot.fr/en

katykins79

Post by katykins79 »

Tried August 2019 and still not possible unless you have a residency permit for Azerbaijan. Flat no if you're a tourist.
1 x