Tajikistan OVIR registration for visa-free or long-term visas Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Tajik 45day visa

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports and questions on registering your stay in Tajikistan below.

We summarize all info in the registration section of the Tajik visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Thomas_cl

Tajikistan OVIR registration for visa-free or long-term visas Q&A

Post by Thomas_cl »

This is information for those planning to stay longer then 30 days in tajikistan with a 45 day visa.

Apparently there is a law concerning this option and apparantly it would state that you have to register with ovir in the 3 days after you've stayed 30 days. Wether that is correct is hard to say but it seems like the police follows more or less this rule. Some officials (eg. embassy in bishkek) will say it's not necessary but it is. Otherwise you risk to pay a hefty fine or a bribe. The normal fee for this registration is 140 somoni per person (not 100$) and you can't do it by yourself. Or you need a hotel to do it for you or you need a tajik citizen who can vouch for you (can be somebody from a tourist agency). This is what they told us at OVIR in dushanbe so we suppose this is the rule nowadays.

Note: as we didn't know about this "rule", we first tried to do it ourself. They
made us come back the next working day (which was two days later due to a holiday) so the 2nd time we were too late (5th day after 30 days). The officer tried to ask 800 somoni each as a fine (he was very gready) but after a long discussion he backed off. So beware of the corruption at OVIR.

We contacted the people from east vision travel to vouch for us. They did a good job and asked 5$ per person.

We didn'

We did'nt here about this untill we reached dushanbe and we we al
0 x

julistan

30 day s registration in Tadjikistan

Post by julistan »

Hi there,

i am in Khorog, coming from Dushanbe, and i just made the 30 day s registration. It costs 140 somoni. Need One picture and photocopy of passeport and visa. Collected the Same day
Apparently, the price can be much higher in the capital. (not verified)
The GBAO permit in Dushanbe costs 20 somoni.

Safe journey to all
jul.
0 x

judefoon

OVIR issues 45 day visa

Post by judefoon »

Went to OVIR in Dushanbe today as we have 45 day visa and have now stayed 30 days. They told us we needed to go to a hotel to "register". We are staying somewhere private but can't use the passport as it has been to OVIR too many times before! Anyway, went to 3 hotels to see if we could negotiate a fee for registration, all which said we don't need to register because we have a 'tourist visa'. One guy spoke perfect and insisted even with a 45 day visa we did not need to register. They all said they don't do registration for tourist visas. Went back to OVIR who didn't really seem to know what was going on and kept asking us where we were staying. Eventually we got through to them that the hotels won't register us. We were sent across the road to a tour agency who were then very confused by us as well. Eventually after talking to OVIR they said they could register us for $120 USD!! (2 people) We said no way and left. Basically no one seemed to know what was going on. Has anyone had similar experience? Do we still need to register? Is the bribe at the border cheaper?
0 x

judefoon

Re: OVIR issues 45 day visa

Post by judefoon »

Hmm just found the post about East Vision. Might try them tomorrow...
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Pls let us know what happened next.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

judefoon

Post by judefoon »

After talking to some locals and expats we have decided not to register. Will let you know how we go at the border in a few weeks.
J
0 x

judefoon

45 day Tajik Visa registration update

Post by judefoon »

Hi,
Just a quick post letting people know that we did not register our 45 day Tajik visa (see another post for details) and had no issues when leaving Tajikistan at the land border that is 60km out of Dushanbe and around 500km from Bukhara (I can't remember it's name sorry and my wifi is so slow it would take me a year to look it up).
cheers
Jude
0 x

kumaso

Registration for over 30 days stay in Tajikistan

Post by kumaso »

I stayed in Tajikistan for 35 days on 45 day tourist visa and did not do registration. Finally passed the Tursanzade - Denau border through without any problems. It was really smooth. The immigration staff did not ask about registration at all.
I can not guarantee that you do not need to make registration anymore for over 30 days stay. here is just my experience.
1 x

Mtncanyon

Tajik E Visa Registration

Post by Mtncanyon »

Hello. I'm in Dushanbe on an evisa. I've been here 10 days and went to OVIR to extend it to 45 days. They told me si had to pay a fine because I didn't register within first 3 days. I told them they were wrong. They told me to check with ministry of foreign affairs. At hotel they told me it's a scam, to extend in another city. Any advice? Thx
1 x