Embassy Report: Turkmenistan transit visa in Frankfurt

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Turkmenistan transit visa in Frankfurt

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Please read and post reports on the Turkmen embassy in Frankfurt below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Turkmen visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TimC

Embassy Report: Turkmenistan transit visa in Frankfurt

Postby TimC » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:05 am

I (German passport) applied for a Turkmen transit visa at the Turkmen Consulate in Frankfurt/Main.

I chose the 5-days express application (55 €) and sent the (standard) documents (application form, questionnaire, 2 photos, letter to the consul in English and German, copies of Azeri and Uzbek visas, pay-in slip and a self-addressed stamped envelope) by mail.
Two days later a guy from the Consulate phoned me and told me the applications process would take 10 working days – normally you pay only 35 € for this.
This was 3 weeks ago, but today I got my transit visa by mail!
Route: Türkmenbashy-Dashoguz.

Conclusion: in the end it was a rather problem-free process (although a bit slow) – maybe the risk to get refused is lower if you pay the 55 € express fees knowing it will take more time (bribe ???).
1 x

marianaamc

Postby marianaamc » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello! Did I understand correctly or you didn't have to go to the embassy? Did you send everything via e-mail and received the visa by mail? Don't they need your passport?
Do you know if you have to be German to apply there? I'm Portuguese and don't have a embassy in my country. I could go to Frankfurt though. Thanks!
0 x

Solsticio

Postby Solsticio » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:02 pm

My visa application is in process right now.

On the website it is listed that normally it takes 10 working days (35€) and ifyou choose express (55€) it takes three days. The otherwise quite helpful guy at the Berlin embassy told me that normally it takes 20 working days and express is 10 working days. I don't think there is much room for argueing.
1 x

ellenenerik

Postby ellenenerik » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:13 pm

We applied for a 5 day Turkmen transit visa in Frankfurt and choose express service. Last friday I called the consulat and the guy received the application by Dutch mail. Altough the website says 3 workingdays, he told me it would take 10/15 days. So fingers crossed; we will leave on the 1st of April.
1 x

olmo30

Postby olmo30 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm

ellenenerik wrote:We applied for a 5 day Turkmen transit visa in Frankfurt and choose express service. Last friday I called the consulat and the guy received the application by Dutch mail. Altough the website says 3 workingdays, he told me it would take 10/15 days. So fingers crossed; we will leave on the 1st of April.

Did you get the visa?
0 x

Van_Gogh

Postby Van_Gogh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Applied for a Turkmen 5-day-transit visa on January 19 with a German passport and got it on Friday, although I paid the 55,-€ for express-application. If you enter with your own car, they also need a written route description (I really recommend to attach a 'friendly' letter to the MFA to your application) and copies of your driver's license and car registration.

The staff at the Frankfurt consulate is very helpful and speaks German and English. It's pretty unpredictable how long the visa process takes, but just call them from time to time, they will keep you updated.

I asked for the Bajgiran border to enter Turkmenistan, but got the Artyk border printed in the visa instead. Let's see if I can somehow convince the border guards to let me make a detour to Ashgabat. Outbound border will be Farap.
1 x

JohnRio

Postby JohnRio » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:21 am

Hello Friends,

When you visited the consulate in Frankfurt and applied for Transit visa, how many days later you got your Passport Back?
0 x

JohnRio

Postby JohnRio » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:47 pm

I (German, Male, 25, Student) applied my 5days Transit Visa on 31th october and got IT Back today, although i applied the Express Version. But They Approved it, so i don`t want to nag.
My route: enter Dasoguz, leave Bajgiran.

I sent it per post with my Passport and the other neccessary documents. Because i was Out of Passport Photos i sent them 2 ones with light blue background which i needed for my Pakistan Visa. On tuesday i became impatient, so i called the consulate. They were able to speak German and told me, that i should call again on thursday, because the responsible Person wasn't there. When i called again on thursday, They told me that my Visa got approved and They send it Back later this week :)
2 x

sleil

Postby sleil » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Me (german, male, 22, student) got my transit Visa from the consular in Frankfurt without any pre-applied Visa!

1st. April: I called and asked wether I need an appointment to apply for a transit visa.
The consular knowledge of german is rather limited, so better to directly start the conversation in english.
He told me I can come in tomorrow without appointment between 10:00 and 12:00.

2nd. April: The official opening hours for Visa application are from 9:00 to 12:00 Monday-Friday.
As this was stated at the Turkmenistan consular webpage, I was arrived there shortly after 9am because I didnt want to be skip another class.

I had to ring twice, then the consular opened.
Following documents I gave to him:
1x passport
1x letter to the MFA stating the dates and borders I'm asking to enter/leave from.
+ both Visa application forms which you can find at the consular's homepage
The means of transportation is asked in one questionnaire, I simply wrote: public transportation and thats been fine.

My entry is Gaudan and exit is Konye-Urgench.
Thus, the consular asked for my iran (e)visa. I said I will apply for it as a Visa-on-arrival at Tehran airport.
The fact, that I wouldn't be able to enter Turkmenistan, if my Iran Visa is not granted, convinced the consular that my application is complete as....
Luckily, since 2019, EU-member do not need a visa for Usbekistan anymore.

The last aspect is about the payment:
You have no option to pay at the consular in cash nor with EC or CC.
He gave me the bank details and I made the payment the same day via online bank transfer.
The bank slip I sent directly to his E-Mail.

16th April: I got a call my Visa is ready for pick-up.
So the whole process took in total 2 weeks.
The total costs were 35€ as I didn't take the express service, which would be 55€.

All in all quite hassle free!
1 x