Double Entry Visa On Arrival in Dushanbe Rejected

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ExpertVagabond

Double Entry Visa On Arrival in Dushanbe Rejected

Post by ExpertVagabond »

August 2016: I attempted to get a double entry visa on arrival at Dushanbe airport and failed. They wouldn't give me double entry, said it was impossible for tourist visa. So I took the single entry one and visited the Foreign Affairs Office in Dushanbe the next day to see if I could change it to double, they also said no. Grrrrrrr.

I needed double entry to visit Afghan Wakhan.

So, I bought a $300 round trip flight to Bishkek and attempted another Tajik visa there. No line at the Tajik Embassy at 9am. $55 USD for 45 day double entry visa, ready to pick up at 3pm. Quick and easy.

Expensive mistake though. Hope this helps someone else from doing the same thing. Either get your double entry visa well before your trip, or pass through Bishkek or some other Embassy/Consulate where it's possible.

You can't get a double entry visa on arrival at the airport in Dushanbe. At least I couldn't...
1 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Double Entry Visa On Arrival in Dushanbe Rejected

Post by Crazydre »

Yup, they abolished double-entry VOAs with the introduction of e-visas (also only single-entry, ironically)
0 x

flo_sg

Post by flo_sg »

Wouldn't it be possible to just buy another e-visa?
1 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

Yes it would
0 x

khojandi

Post by khojandi »

You would have to apply for it and print it in Ishkoshim, Afghanistan before coming back. That said, I don't know if the e-visa system or admins are sophisticated enough to note whether or not you're in country when you're applying for your next one.
0 x