Embassy report: Kyrgyz visa in Urumqi

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Kyrgyz visa in Urumqi

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Kyrgyzstan in Urumqi below.

We summarize all info in the Kyrgyzstan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

rwoodroffe

Embassy report: Kyrgyz visa in Urumqi

Post by rwoodroffe »

Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply, it is really useful to have the confirmation. We have been delayed in Urumqi because of a change in the opening times of the Kyrgyzstan Embassy here for visa applications (On Thursdays they are only open for visa collections, not applications. So the opening times for applications are 11.30am - 13.30 Monday-Weds and Fridays). The part of your Kyrgyz visa section that wasn't absolutely clear was: "It is possible to get the Kyrgyzstan visa on arrival in Manas airport." maybe you could add: "It is possible to get the Kyrgyzstan visa on arrival in Manas airport only. It is not possible to get the VOA at the land borders". Thanks so much for your brilliant website, it has helped us a lot!

Rejane
0 x

rwoodroffe

Re: Kyrgyz visa on arrival at land border?

Post by rwoodroffe »

Hi all

Bad news: we went to the Kyrgyzstan consulate in Urumqi to get visas to enter Kyrgyzstan by land and were informed that this is not possible. We are South African.

We can get a visa on arrival at Bishkek airport. But if we want to get a visa for land entry we must apply in Beijing. This despite a notice on the outside of the consulate saying that South Africans (& Brazilians, Israelis, Chileans, etc) could apply at the Urumqi consulate - we were told this notice is old.

I am not sure whether this rule applies to everyone who needs Visas - or whether this applies only to South Africans. We asked the Kyrgyz consulate guy and in his broken English it seems that it applies to everyone who needs visas... In other words the visa-free (rich) nations are ok - but those who are designated as visa-on-arrival for Bishkek will probably have the same issue we did in Urumqi.

We're stuck without an LOI for Kazakhstan and a Chinese visa that's running out so it seems we'll have to fly to Dushanbe where we'll also get a Visa on Arrival (Dushanbe flights from Urumqi are way cheaper than to Bishkek).

So if you're in China and need a visa for Kyrgyzstan - I suggest you get it in Beijing ("definitely" if you're South African, "probably" if you're any other nationality that needs a Kyrgyz visa).
0 x

TonyBustamante

Re: Kyrgyz visa on arrival at land border?

Post by TonyBustamante »

urumqi's kyrgysztan consulate are not issuing visas to foreigners。only flight ticket to bishkek for 1600 yuan. to bad!
0 x

Gurarieb

Kyrgyzstan visa in Urumqi

Post by Gurarieb »

hello!

I couldn't find this information here, but I planned to apply for Kyrgyzstan visa in the Urumqi office, after a bit of traveling in Urumqi I was lucky to find the office, where they told me it's not possible to apply for a visa as a foreigner. Only for Chinese from xingiang province.
0 x