Just got a 30 day tourist visa for Mongolia today, New Zealand passport, was a very easy process, great place to do it.
Information to note:
- there's only one man there in the office (so sometimes he's busy/out of the office etc). He doesn't say much, but is very friendly, helpful, and caring.
- Opening hours are usually from 10am until 5pm, not closed for lunch, open usually from Monday until Friday.
- address is correctly shown on caravanistan website and google maps
- go in one day, fill out the application form that he gives you, (you only need one photo), he'll take a photocopy of your passport (so you can take it away with you), and he'll give you a slip of paper, with details of where you can make the bank deposit for your visa application (for 59USD) (total time 10-15 minutes max)
- come back 3 working days later, at anytime during the day, give him your receipt from the bank and your passport, and he'll put your pre prepared visa in it (total time 5 minutes max!)
- my passport was expiring in less than 6 months, but he said that this was no problem.
- only about 2-6 people visit him each week, so he's defiantly not overly busy!
- I did not ask if it would also be possible to make the visa in less time than 3 days.. So maybe it would be possible, maybe not..