Entering KZ (Almaty) with a Kyrgz visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
marclars

Entering KZ (Almaty) with a Kyrgz visa

Postby marclars » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:24 am

Hi there

I have a little question concerning entering KZ (Almaty region) with Kyrgyz Visa. I'm a Swiss citizen and plan to arrive at Bishkek airport and travel from there to Almaty. As a Swiss citizens I do not need a visa for KG, can I still get a double entry visa at the airport?

I heart various opinions on the fact that it is possible to enter KZ with a KG Visa (i.e. the KZ consul in Switzerland denies that opportunity but on the website it is mentioned to be possible). Has anyone recently entered Almaty with a KG Visa?

Thank you for your feedback!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Entering KZ (Almaty) with a Kyrgz visa

Postby steven » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:36 pm

You cannot enter KZ with a KG visa. This was in the past, when you still needed a KG visa. Now that you don't, you will need to get a Kazakh visa, because this rule has ceased to be valid.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D