Embassy report: Turkmen visa in Vienna

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Turkmen visa in Vienna

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Turkmen embassy in Vienna below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Turkmen visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Provodnik
Trains expert
Trains expert

Embassy report: Turkmen visa in Vienna

Post by Provodnik »

I just picked up my transit visa (Sarahs-Dasoguz, 5 days) at the Turkmen embassy in Vienna. Application was made 2 weeks ago.
Official processing time is 10 working days, so the process took exactly the planned time.
1 x

Provodnik
Trains expert
Trains expert

Post by Provodnik »

Some additional information:

When applying for the visa, it is not necessary to leave the original passport at the embassy (adress: Argentinierstrasse 22). The following documents are necessary for a transit visa:
- copy of passport
- copy of visas of origin and destination
- visa application form (2 times with 2 identical photos)
- additional form no 701 (with 1 photo)
- additional form no 801
- additional form no 101/201 needs to be sent as .doc-file via email

The necessary forms can be downloaded for example at
https://www.visum4you.at/visainfo/turkmenistan/
Form no. 701 also requires the signature of the supervisor/director at the place of work and a stamp from the company.
In addition to the above mentioned documents I also wrote an letter, where I explained our planned transit route in detail.

Two weeks later I was informed via e-mail, that the application had been approved and that I could come to pick up the visa. Visa-fee is 55 EUR and needs to be paid at the post office near the embassy (Taubstummengasse, just around the corner). 4,7 EUR additional money transfer fee to be paid at the post office.

The staff at the Turkmen embassy was very friendly and it was no problem to contact them via phone in case of questions concerning the documents etc.
In addition to the visas we were also given a special edition of the "Galkynysh"-journal published by the Austria-Turkmenistan society (http://www.turkmenistan.gov.tm/_eng/index.php?id=5006) and this edition of the "Atavatan Türkmenistan" journal: http://www.atavatan-turkmenistan.com/dergi/9/index.html

So now I'm looking forward to come to Turkmenistan!
Last edited by Provodnik on Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Serica

Post by Serica »

I'm an Austrian citizen. All information from above are correct. Just a few things were different in my case.
I applied for my TKM visa in Vienna in April. Had to wait for exactly 3 weeks. The embassy staff is very friendly and helpful. They told me also that the visa costs around 40 €.

My 5 days transit visa got approved for Sarahs-Dashoguz borders, but had no time to pick it up in Vienna, cuz I was already in Tehran. They said that I can pick up the visa at any TKM embassy in the world or even at Sarahs border with a 6-letter code which I received via email.

I picked up the visa in Tehran and paid 55 $ in cash and just waited 10 minutes.
2 x

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

Thanks to the given infromation above we applied via e-mail at the Vienna Embassy. Austrian & German passport, married, recidency in Germany. We got the reference number for collecting the transit visa in Mashhad after several e-mail conversation and after paying a fee of 10 Euros/each. We didn't need to send in our passports - scans were sufficent. You need a Austrian passport to apply in Vienna. We were lucky to recieve the reference number fpr the german passport as well. It seems the refernce number is not date specific and is valid 3 month fot a 5 day transit. We are planning to collect the transit visa in Mashhad.
2 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

uncle_sam01

Post by uncle_sam01 »

Slovak passport (Vienna is the home embassy for Slovaks):
Tried the above approach and sent them an email with all the documents, my Iran e-visa (already issued) and a note that Uzbekistan is visa-free since February (asked for Artyk to Dashoguz). All I listed under transport was public transit. Got a reply asking me to pay the 10 euros fee, which I did.

Received a scanned letter in around two weeks for 5 days transit valid until August, so I guess they're no longer date specific. Also the code was AU+7 numbers. I did not mention, where I'm picking it up, but it will be Mashhad. Recommended this approach to a German guy (with no relation to Austria), but he got turned away.
1 x

rafi

Post by rafi »

uncle_sam01 wrote: Got a reply asking me to pay the 10 euros fee, which I did.
How long have you waited for this reply?
0 x

uncle_sam01

Post by uncle_sam01 »

rafi wrote:
uncle_sam01 wrote: Got a reply asking me to pay the 10 euros fee, which I did.
How long have you waited for this reply?
I emailed them on Wednesday and got that reply on Monday. The guy is really nice and helpful, so I'd give them a call if they haven't replied to you.

Update on the visa: I had to move my schedule and went to Vienna two days ago with the letter I got over email on the last day of the letter's validity (which was 90 days from when I got it in May). I managed to get the actual sticker valid until August 29th.

Note to Steven: the embassy in Vienna is also accredited for Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Montenegro, in addition to Slovakia. Possibly for some other ex-Yugo nations, too, but I couldn't find reliable enough info on that.
1 x

dalec.si

Post by dalec.si »

2 Slovenians here, we applied to Austrian embassy of Turkmenistan at around 25th July for entry on 2nd September. We did everything via internet.

We carefully read this thread and instructions at website. It took as few days to get all the papers in order, for papers that needed signature we printed them out, signed and scanned. In letter we mentioned that we are travelling with car (Make,Model, Licence plate). We also sent car registration paper scans.

Around week later we got mail to pay consul fee of 10€ pp. And they said they checked everything and submitted to MFA Turkemnistan.
We called Vienna embassy again on 16th of August and they said it just got approved. They asked us where we want to pick it up. We said Mashhad.
They sent us paper with validity of 3 months and message that we can pick up visa anywhere and also on border. I will update you how that goes.

We used skype for calling embassy from Iran, no problems. Very cheap aswell.

TLDR: Lots of paperwork to manage, but if you do it carefully it should go well. Also I recommend you do it 2 months in advance to have clear mind, 1 month is a bit risky.
1 x

tymeq1

Post by tymeq1 »

Has anybody applied for a transit visa for the road Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan-Kazakhstan? It's possible to obtain it at Vienna embassy?
0 x