Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Frankfurt, Germany

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Frankfurt, Germany

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Pakistan in Frankfurt below.

We summarize all info in the Pakistan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

BackroadVagrants

Embassy report: Pakistan visa in Frankfurt, Germany

Postby BackroadVagrants » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 am

Hey folks,

we just wanted to leave a quick note on how we received our Pakistani tourist visa in Frankfurt. While being relevant for not even all German travelers, we could not find any information when we applied. So we thought, we'd share our experience:

We applied via post in late August 2016. At that time we were already in Georgia, so we had our application sent to the consulate, rigorously following the requirements on the consulate's website. The light blue background was photoshopped into our photos in a Tbilisian photo shop. But the visa do not contain any photos, anyway.

We got our LOIs from Kamal through caravanistan. Very helpful guy, no problems! We did not submit any flight or hotel booking.

Our passports arrived back 11 days after submitting them to the post. Visa are valid 3 months from the date they were issued and allow a 30 days stay.

In total, it was a pretty quick and easy way to obtain a Pakistan visa for German travelers. Just make sure you meet their (partly ridiculous) requirements!

Cheers,
Anna & Heiner
1 x

olmo

Postby olmo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks for the report!

Got a couple of questions still :)
Any reason you used Frankfurt instead of Berlin? Seems Berlin does not need an LOI, at least according to their website* ...
11 Days turnaround: By mail from/to where, Georgia or Germany?
Did you apply for 30d/3months intentionally and did not try to get anything longer?

We will report on Berlin in a little bit - we are doing a "holiday at home" and hope to get 6 months, which would (just barely) be enough to save us from mailing our passports from India later on ...

*http://www.pakemb.de/page/visa2
0 x

BackroadVagrants

Postby BackroadVagrants » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm

olmo wrote:Any reason you used Frankfurt instead of Berlin? Seems Berlin does not need an LOI, at least according to their website* ...

Frankfurt handles all the visa requests from southern Germany, where our residency is.
olmo wrote:11 Days turnaround: By mail from/to where, Georgia or Germany?

From Germany. But DHL from Germany to Georgia was only two days. Same vice versa.
olmo wrote:Did you apply for 30d/3months intentionally and did not try to get anything longer?

We did not try. Also, the visa form does not contain a field where you can ask for a specific duration (other than your planned entry date). But it also does not matter in our case..

Cheers
0 x

olmo

Postby olmo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 pm

Thanks for your answers! Here is our report from Berlin, as promised :)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2323
0 x

Claudia

Postby Claudia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 am

Our experience with the Consulate of Pakistan in Frankfurt 11/2017:

The first time we applied for the visa in Frankfurt, we didn't get it.
They sent back all documents and wanted us to come in person.
We don't know the reason, but maybe the problem was, that we wrote in the application form that we travel over land from Iran to India.
Since we've already been in Iran, that wasn't possible.
So we tried a few weeks later again. This time we didn't mention that we travel overland and we sent the same documents and additional flight tickets and hotel reservations. 2 weeks later we had our passports without any problems.
This is what you need to apply for the visa:
Application form
Passport + 1 copy
2 pictures (no blue background necessary!)
LOI (we ordered LOI with caravanistan, no problems, transferwise for payment, make sure, that the cities in the LOI are no border towns; we heard from other travelers that it also worked out with a LOI they got from a private person)
Copy of payment (36€ Visa fee plus 1€ bank fee)
Copy of ID and license of the personq who sends you LOI
Prepaid envelope
Add: flight tickets and hotel reservations to make sure they know that you're tourists...
Good luck!
2 x

JohnRio

Postby JohnRio » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:47 pm

My experience:

I came in person to the embassy, because you get your visa way faster in this way. I applied on a wednesday and had my passport with the visa in my letterbox one week later. While they processed my visa I had an accident, so that I had to postpone my journey to pakistan. I called the embassy, explained them my situation and they extendet my visa validity for 3 more months!!!
In the embassy it was a little bit chaotic and very crowded, but I had no problems at all. After about 90 minutes I left the embassy.

I did not need to show them any hotel reservation nor flight tickets (I will enter the county on the land-route). You can pay the visa fee in the embassy.
2 x

tommy_agp

Postby tommy_agp » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Hello,

I also want to travel overland from Iran and going to India later.

Does anybody know if I should better put Islamabad instead the Taftan border (Iran-Pakistan) as the port of entry?
If they admit the visa, there won´t be any problems to get in overland or is it important to put in the real port of entry?

Cheers,
Tom
0 x