Turkmen transit visa in Paris

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Re: Turkmen transit visa in Paris

Post by Crazydre »

Worth to note: there is a difference between applying at an embassy and getting a reference number, and not applying through an embassy at all, but simply getting a LOI to use at Ashgabat Airport, Turkmenbashi port or certain land crossings.

The former method is highly unreliable, but not the latter. However, the latter method is only applicable for tourist, not transit, visas
1 x

levelo

Re: Turkmen transit visa in my own country

Post by levelo »

steven wrote:I do not recommend going to the border without a visa in your passport. But the Frankfurt consulate definitely gives you a visa as it says in the forum post. I have only heard Tashkent, Dushanbe and Vienna pulling that trick, and too many people have gotten stuck in no man's land for days for me to recommend that procedure.
Hi there,

I just applied for a transit visa at the Paris Turkmen consulate yesterday ( early March 2017 ). The consulate is only open 10-12 AM on Mondays and Thursdays, but the staff I saw ( consul ? ) is very kind and speaks both good English and French.
They want to see the usual colour passport photocopies ( plus Iran & Uzbekistan visas ), letter from employer, letter from travel insurer, a letter describing the transit route and you fill up the forms at the consulate with 3 colour passport photos...
I didn't pay. Should get an answer by email from them in 3 to 5 weeks and pick up in either Mashhad or Tehran. If it works, that is...
Hope that helps.

Levelo.
1 x

levelo

Post by levelo »

Hi there,

I just got the answer from the Paris consulate, and it is NEGATIVE.
So I am stuck, as so many other travellers have been.
Wondering whether I could apply one more time here in Iran, whether in Mashhad or Tehran...
Thoughts ?

Levelo.
0 x

Antonio

Post by Antonio »

I got the Turkmen tourist visa in Paris with the help of Action-visas.

I sent to Paris the passport with the LOI, the form x2, 2 photos, the medical insurance certificate, and the plane tickets. At that point the passport had the Uzbek visa but no the Iranian (I was travelling from Iran to Uzbekistan).

They submitted the documents to the embassy on the 03/07, the visa was ready on the 13/07, and I got the visa in my town (in Spain) the next day.

The visa is 35€ and the service costs 39€ plus shipping. Pretty expensive in the end but I can say that this agency works very well. You get notifications in the email along the process. You risk loosing the passport during one of the shippings, but I thought it was lower that getting stuck between Iran and Turkmenistan for some unforeseen problem with the LOI.
1 x

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks for this info.
But you don't mention if it is a transit visa (5 days).
I suppose yes but I need to be sure.
RR.
0 x

Antonio

Post by Antonio »

It was not a transit visa:
Antonio wrote:I got the Turkmen tourist visa in Paris with the help of Action-visas.
Check this thread:

http://caravanistan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2967

Edit: BTW, in the website of Action-visas I remember reading that they could not help with transit visas.
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Hi again,

You wrote:
"I sent to Paris the passport with the LOI, the form x2, 2 photos, the medical insurance certificate, and the plane tickets. At that point the passport had the Uzbek visa...."

Who gave you this LOI?

Action Visa? Price?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

RR.
0 x

Antonio

Post by Antonio »

The LOI was provided after booking a 5-day tour with Stantours. Around 1000$ if I remember correctly. The local agency was very professional and I recommend them.
0 x

roro

Post by roro »

Thanks again Antonio.
But too much expensive for me...
RR.
0 x

Adrien1

Post by Adrien1 »

Hey there,

Just applied for a transit visa for me and 3 friends of mine (all french passeport).

We're planning to do Iran > TM > Uzbekistan in March.

The embassy is open from 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00 from Monday to Friday which is pretty appreciable for such a small embassy. We were welcomed by a lady (who seems to be the only employee in the embassy), she's very nice and speaks perfectly French.

As asked on the official website, we brang:
- completed form
- passeport + photocopy
- health insurance
- Iranian visa
- a letter who explains we don't need a visa for UZ as French citizens.
(all prints in color)

However we were asked to pay at the desk 17 euros for a LOI (which is quite surprising for a transit visa). Not sure at all if that was an official paper or not but anyway we've paid it. The lady didn't took our passeport and said to come back in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later I went again to the embassy with the 4 passports and the lady told me 35€ to get the visas in 1 week or 55€ to get the visas right away on the spot.
As I was too lazy to go back again in the embassy one week later, I paid 55€ and got well our 4 transit visas (5 days) 30min after!

So 2 weeks in total and 72€ by cash per person(LOI+visa feel

A quite easy process after all.
1 x