Embassy Report: Pakistan Embassy in Berlin

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Embassy Report: Pakistan Embassy in Berlin

Postby steven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 am

Please read and post reports on the embassy of Pakistan in Berlin below.

We summarize all info in the Pakistan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

olmo

Embassy Report: Pakistan Embassy in Berlin

Postby olmo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:04 pm

The best up front:
We could easily get a visa that allows us to enter Pakistan between April and June 2017, well over 6 months from our date of application!

Quick facts

Online: http://pakemb.de/page/visa2
Passports: German
Applied: October 2016
Asked for: single entry, at least 30 days and no earlier than April 2016
Got: 30 days within a 3 month period of our choice (5-8 months in the future)
Processing time: 7 days
Price: 36 Euros
Documents:
  • Duly filled in 5 page application form (website states 2 copies needed, but were not)
  • Passport Copy
  • Two 3.5x4.5 passport pictures with light blue(!) background
  • New requirement: Invitation, Flight Booking or Hotel Booking (choose at least one)
Detailed :)

We are on an overland holiday at "home" and were hoping to get the Pakistan Visa settled, saving us from mailing passports back and forth later on. So we would need at least 6 months validity. I asked a few questions when I was in the area (could not reach anyone by phone or mail) and got *very* different answers from the above, most notably: At least two weeks processing time, more than 6 months probably not possible, and no mention of invitation/bookings. So better just go in and apply and tell them what you need. They were friendly and it seemed that as long as you can explain and give reasons for your wishes they are relatively free to fulfill them.

When we did apply, we were happy to hear that a duration of 6 months is unusual, however *3 months duration can start in the future*. We explained why we had to apply so early (as we won't be in Germany for a while, and cannot apply elsewhere) and it was no problem then. We could probably have stretched this even further, so if you are just starting your trip and can plan to be in Pakistan say, 9-12 months from now, this might work out! Put the intended dates in "duration" on your application form.

Passport photos need the light blue background, edit at home and print them at any dm/drugstore instant photo printer.

A new requirement is an invitation, flight or hotel booking. We had to race off to print out a booking.com confirmation for the first few nights at the hotel we mentioned on our application form (as contact in Pakistan), and that was ok.

Payment was another problem, as they only accept some ec-cards (no cash) and their machine did not like mine. That meant running off to a nearby bank, doing a bank deposit (at the bargain price of just €6,50 - but they do serve free coffee there!) and returning with the payment slip.

More good news at the end: We asked if end of following week would be ok for pick up as we were leaving after that (11 days), and were offered Monday (7 days).

Hope this helps someone :)
3 x

axel&suse

Postby axel&suse » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Olmo
Do you live in the District of the Berlin Ambassy? Or have you just tried it there, because it seems to be easyer there?
We live in south of Germany, so we have to go to Frankfurt Consulate.
0 x

olmo

Postby olmo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Theoretically yes, but my partner is from the South as well and we had no issues whatsoever. Anyways with a German passport they don't ask for a Meldebescheinigung so just give a friends address in the North and you'll be fine :) I guess they may see your home town listed in your passport but seriously, who would bother to get that ever updated, right?
0 x

dreiarmumig

Postby dreiarmumig » Thu May 17, 2018 10:25 am

I had no problem getting a visa valid for 45 days within 3 months more than 6 months in advance (however because of my specific situation I still did have some problems). I applied by post with the embassy in Berlin, the first time around I received my passport back with the visa about two weeks after having posted it; the second time it only took two days. Details below.

I will be cycling to Pakistan with my partner. I'm German, he's English. We each applied for the visa in our respective home countries in March and originally expected to get to Pakistan in November. I sent the following things to Berlin: application form x 2, each with passport photo with light blue background; passport + 1 copy; letter explaining why I can't provide hotel bookings yet (i.e. we have to apply for the visa now as we won't be in our home countries once we've commenced our trip but won't know exact dates until nearer the time, didn't mention we'll be cycling); estimated itinerary with dates in November; bank deposit slip of the visa fee payment; postage-paid return envelope.
On the application form, I wrote "1 month" under "duration of stay" and chose "1 year" under "visa required for" because I figured I'd be on the safe side if I got a visa that was valid within one year from issuance. Unfortunately, my boyfriend was only able to obtain a visa that was valid for six months from issuance so it will run out end of September. The visa I received was valid for 45 days between October and January, so now we had to have one of our visas changed as we wouldn't have been able to enter at the same time. I also received a double-entry visa despite only having asked for single-entry. As my visa was much cheaper than my boyfriend's, we decided that I would see if I could get mine changed.
I emailed the embassy but after a week and a half hadn’t received a reply, tried calling a few times on different days and at different times, but nobody picked up. I decided that I would have to go to Berlin but thought I’d message the embassy on Facebook first and someone actually replied within half an hour and answered my questions: the dates couldn't be changed as I received what I applied for (not really true as I applied for one year and got three months, but apparently more than three months isn't possible for tourist visa which I didn't know, however the dates I got included those that I had given in my estimated itinerary and of course the embassy couldn't know that my plans had changed at this point) so I had to apply for a new visa. The embassy employee I was messaging also asked me to include the email I sent them with the second application and a letter explaining why I'm applying for a new visa. This was on a Monday and they said if I sent it off that day, they would try and process it by Friday. Here's that Facebook conversation. I did send everything off on the Monday and actually received my passport back with the new visa two days later on Wednesday. Again I got exactly the dates I asked for, this time in September and this time the dates worked with what my boyfriend has got.

As for the cost: on the embassy's website it says
• German Passport (3 months, Single entry, Tourist, Family visit) € 36/-
• German Passport (3 to 12 months, Multiple entry, Tourist , Family visit) € 54/-

I transferred 54 € for each of my two applications to be on the safe side which was probably not necessary. I don't quite understand what the 54 € option is if three months is the maximum for a tourist visa (according to the person I spoke to on Facebook).

TL;DR: If you want to apply by post, transfer 36 €, ask for 3 months (although that's not one of the options you can choose on the form so I guess choose six months and detail the actual period in an attached letter or just write it onto the form) and you should be fine.
0 x

waltereegho

Postby waltereegho » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

I applied via post from Georgia. Submitted the following:
    Passport and copies thereof
    2 application forms
    2 passport photos. I did not adhere to the exact specifications (light blue background, size).
    Hostel reservation for a random 2- day period in Lahore.
    Cover letter explaining my intentions (overland travel via Iran and on to India)
    Payment confirmation. I simply transferred 36 Euro via online banking and printed the confirmation.
    Return envelope with stamp I bought online

I received a 60-day visa after a 10 day processing time, valid for 3 months.
2 x

daemmi

Postby daemmi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:37 am

waltereegho wrote:I applied via post from Georgia. Submitted the following:
    Passport and copies thereof
    2 application forms
    2 passport photos. I did not adhere to the exact specifications (light blue background, size).
    Hostel reservation for a random 2- day period in Lahore.
    Cover letter explaining my intentions (overland travel via Iran and on to India)
    Payment confirmation. I simply transferred 36 Euro via online banking and printed the confirmation.
    Return envelope with stamp I bought online

I received a 60-day visa after a 10 day processing time, valid for 3 months.

I did almost the same in March 2018.

Only difference, in my cover letter I explained also that I can't provide any flight tickets because of overland travel and that I would like to get my 3 month validation in future from the 1.9. to 30.11.

I got my 60-day visa after a 10 day processing time valid for 3 month from the 1.9.2018 to the 30.11.2018
1 x

olmo

Re: Embassy Report: Pakistan Embassy in Berlin * for EU Citizen, by mail

Postby olmo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Pakistan Embassy in Berlin for EU citizen, by mail!

This is an option for anyone who
    * wants to apply by mail
    * is an EU citizen
    * does not want to pay for an LOI
    * has an uncooperative local embassy
    * doesn't mind cheating a bit
We managed to get a Pakistani Visa by mail for a non-German EU citizen from their Berlin Embassy. Provided was a (fake) flight itinerary, cancellable booking.com hotel booking and a couple of tourist destinations on the visa form. No LOI! The visa form in duplicate, as well as passport copies, passport photos to requirements (check here or embassy website) and the magic of it all, a bad copy of a fake Anmeldung (registration) form. Plus a EUR 3,95 stamp on a return envelope.

Waiting time was almost three weeks, though this included several public holidays (both German and Pakistani) and for some reason they only mailed it back after calling them, about one week after the issuing date written on the visa. Mailed from a German address and to a German return address as well (ideally from the former GDR states listed at Berlin embassy - the other ones are Frankfurt's responsibility, and they require a LOI and maybe even an interview there). The visa given was valid for a stay of 60 days, valid for entry within 3 months of issue. Longer may be possible, see this thread.

Now for the tricky part: In order to apply in Berlin, you need to live within their jurisdiction. This can be proven by simply adding a copy of your Meldebestätigung (registration confirmation). It looks a bit different in each district, an example of the Berlin one: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-krbgs3R1pzc/ ... g-foto.jpg . The address and Name part are greyed out, but as you can see it is not the most difficult document to photoshop :D Ask your friend in Germany! You would also need a proper return address, though using your name and their address with c/o "their name" (being totally different from the registered one given on the form, it appeared only on the return envelope) was no problem. Then have your friend forward it to wherever you are on the road. Services like https://www.jumingo.com/ resell DHL Express etc for less than half those companies are offering directly.

If you need more help, PM me. It would be a shame to fly across Pakistan just because of those stupid visa issues! And yes, I am aware any Pakistani Citizen would be amazed if this was all it took to get them a Schengen Visa .....
3 x