Iran - Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan on 2 passports

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
f.onea

Iran - Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan on 2 passports

Post by f.onea »

I have both a Romanian and Australian passport on which I will be travelling throughout Asia next year. In some countries it's better on the Romanian, and others on the Australian.

A problem I am concerned about is when travelling from Iran to Uzbekistan via Turkmenistan (hopefully if I manage to get a transit visa).
For Iran, a visa on my Romanian passport is about half the price of one on my Australian, but in Uzbekistan now I don't need a visa anymore on my Australian.

When applying for Turkmen transit visa, I understand you need to show your visas from country of entry and departure. So if I have my Iranian visa in my Romanian passport, I can't get the Turkmen one and say I will use my Australian to exit?
On the other hand I can't get a Turkmen visa in my Australian passport if my Iranian is in my Romania. Have I understood this right?
With regards to this, what is my best option for this leg of the trip?

Another option is to hope that, since I'm only going in May/June, Romanians will have visa free in UZ by the time I get there. I thought I read somewhere that they are going to bring it in, however I can't find it anymore. Does anyone have info on this by any chance?

All help is much appreciated! Cheers
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran - Turkmenistan - Uzbekistan on 2 passports

Post by steven »

You can switch passports at the border, many Anglo-Saxons with double passports have done it before.

Never read anything on visa-free for Romanians in UZ
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

f.onea

Post by f.onea »

I know I can swap, but will the Turkmen visa get approved with an Iranian visa in my Romanian passport and no Uzbek visa anywhere?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Oh, I see. Uzbek visa is not a problem, just explain that you have visa-free. Iran visa I think should be fine too. Otherwise, how did these other people get into Turkmenistan on 2 passports? They must have also gotten their visas in different passports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

f.onea

Post by f.onea »

Thanks Steven!
In that case, where do you recommend it's better to get the Turkmen visa? In the Australian where it'll be visa free in UZ, or Romanian where I have the Iranian one?
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

It would have to be in the Australian passport, as otherwise they won't be able to confirm that you can enter Uzbekistan visa free (anyone can claim they have Australian citizenship and don't need a Uzbek visa).
0 x