E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
golden_retriever

Re: E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

Post by golden_retriever »

Hi,

As far as I am aware you can enter Azerbaijan only using an airplane. For sure you cannot enter by land, but tbh I am not 100% sure about the ferry.
Keep in mind that the situation is a bit different when you want to exit. If you are not an Azeri citizen you can exit Azerbaijan on foot - Russia, Iran, Turkey, and probably the most popular exit option - Georgia. I exited Azerbaijan to Georgia without problems.

Visa questions: They don't extend tourist visas (I went and asked about that - not possible). You can stay max 30 days otherwise you will have to pay a penalty of 2000 AZN (not 100% sure though). You can apply for a new visa as soon as you leave Azerbaijan. There are no any day limits on how many days per year you can stay in Azerbaijan. I have many Azeri tourist visas in my passport and they never complicated or even asked at all. You need to leave Azerbaijan and re-enter it if you want to activate a new visa. I also heard that some people who applied for a new visa as soon as they entered Azerbaijan went on a day trip to Abu Dhabi and came back with no complications.
2 x

IronChris

Post by IronChris »

Hi, just to share:
I just applied for an AZ e-visa. iVisa asks how you want to enter and then says it is only possible by air.
I applied for it via evisa.gov.az , and at no point they ask for the way you enter.... Let's see what they say in a couple days when they answer, and how it will be at the border.
0 x

golden_retriever

You can be sure that entering is possible only using an airplane.
0 x

IronChris

Post by IronChris »

Isn't there any possibility to pay "a fee" at the border?
0 x

golden_retriever

If you are talking about the land border for sure no. Many tried and all of them failed.
0 x

Virusman

Post by Virusman »

IronChris wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:02 pm
Bro i think you should try..put a 20USD note in the middle of your passport before you hand it over to border officers and see how it goes.

in case it goes bad..just pretend you "forgot" that 20 note

good luck
0 x

sketchymarco

Post by sketchymarco »

put a 20USD note in the middle of your passport before you hand it over to border officers and see how it goes.
That sounds like a good way to end up in an Azerbaijani prison, but hey, still crossed the border...
1 x

IronChris

Post by IronChris »

...i guess there are more elegant ways ;)
0 x

Minnesinger

Post by Minnesinger »

IronChris wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:02 pm
Yes there is. Some countries has VOA in Azerbaijan.
0 x

golden_retriever

Yeah, it is possible to pay "a fee" at the border but not at the closed one. Even if you are eligible for VOA.
0 x