E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

Post by steven »

Please read and post questions and reports on the Azeri e-visa system below.

We summarize all info on the Azerbaijan visa page.

To outsource the e-visa application process, we recommend Ivisa's Azerbaijan service.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

E-visa Azerbaijan Q&A

Post by Crazydre »

So, it's now been announced that the ASAN e-visa system is getting put in place on 10 January 2017.

As such, you will no longer have to use a travel agent to get an e-visa, but can apply on your own.

Link: https://evisa.gov.az
2 x

Boubou

Re: ASAN e-visa Azerbaijan

Post by Boubou »

Hi!

Thank you very much for this very useful information :)

I want to go in Azerbaijan on March, so I tried to apply for the E-visa. Unfortunately, after application and payment of the 20$, I received an email yesterday, February 8th, telling me that the issuance of E-Visa is suspended. The email adds that I have to approach an Azeri Consulate or Embassy to get a visa.

Someone here would have more information about this? Thank very much in advance!
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Just got another rejection in today!

All updates very welcome!

I hope they will give you your money back at least!
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

Steven, try asking the STI folks to find out from the MFA what their deal is?
0 x

Pepijn

Post by Pepijn »

Weird, we applied for e-visa and got both of them bij e-mail 2 days later. Dutch nationality.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Update on the person who got rejected: applied again, got it this time. Just had to pay twice.

Temporary glitch or something more? Time will tell.
0 x

Boubou

Post by Boubou »

Hello, I got a reply from the E-visa IT Service. The problem was coming from the quality of our scanned passport. We didn't try to apply a second time so far.
1 x

Yogeshpgupta

Post by Yogeshpgupta »

Indian national! Got mine easy the next day by email.
0 x

web_runner

Post by web_runner »

Hello,
I have a question regarding the new ASAN e-visa system to all of you who used it (successfully or not). Since, we (both EU citizens) will need to urgently apply for an Azeri visa, after 1 of our Turkmen transit visa applications was rejected, any detailed information (in order to avoid rejection) will be of high importance. OK, with the new system you already don't need an official LOI, but I see that there is a line in the e-visa "invited by" (or this is only in the old e-visas?!?). Also they ask for "Residence address"' (place of stay in Azerbaijan). Is a hotel address taken from random online booking will be fine?
Also, what about the scan of your passports? It seems that this is a reason for rejection. Was it a high resolution scan made by scanner, or just a processed picture taken by camera or good mobile phone camera?
Any further information about the new e-visa application will be highly appreciated, since we don't have time to re-apply and the problem is not only the lost 46$, if rejected...
0 x