Iran e-visa system

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Iran e-visa system

Post by steven »

Iran has started issuing E-visas since the start of 2017. All your questions and experiences with this new system are welcome in this thread.

https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/#e-visa
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

roro

Re: Iran e-visa system

Post by roro »

Thanks for this good news!

Before trying to apply through the Iranian site for envisaged, do you know if it works for overland trips with our own car?

RR.
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

NOT an e-visa, just an electronic application form akin to that in Uzbekistan, with a dedicated e-mail address for communication.

You can even use the system when applying for a student or work visa
2 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

CrazyDre,

this means you still need to get the visa authorisation code and go to the embassy to pick up your visa, I assume. But do you also still need to go to apply? I think this is the step they are cutting with this system, correct?
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

As far as I understand, you apply for the authorisation code through the form - the site also provides a separate link for those that already have it. You do need to send all documentation to the embassy (whether you can do it by regular mail probably depends on the embassy) and possibly (but not necessarily) attend an interview.

In short, this is by no means a convenient alternative to VOA (which, admittedly, not everyone is eligible for)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

But basically, you no longer need a travel agent to apply for the authorisation code for you. Is that right?
0 x

mike1872

Post by mike1872 »

Sorry, that is my question.
it is absolutely necessary to have two consecutive free pages in the passport??
I have two pages totally free, but no consecutive. I need to make another passport?
Thanks.
M
0 x

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Post by Crazydre »

steven wrote:But basically, you no longer need a travel agent to apply for the authorisation code for you. Is that right?
It would appear that's the case, but can't say for certain as I haven't tried it out myself
mike1872 wrote:Sorry, that is my question.
it is absolutely necessary to have two consecutive free pages in the passport??
I have two pages totally free, but no consecutive. I need to make another passport?
Thanks.
M
If you're getting a visa on arrival, then no, one page is enough. If applying in advance, it's up to the embassy where you're applying.
1 x

mcfly

Post by mcfly »

Hi guys,
gladly saw the notification about the new e-visa for Iran on the website. Even a big visa-service in Frankfurt didn't know about it.

I am German and wanted to have my visa picked up either before leaving or on the route (e.g. in Turkey). I checked the e-application form but stopped at the very first page because there is one major issue for me. Currently there are only 21 embassies and consulates (and Kish Airport) in the list for the visa pick-up. The only ones in Central Europe being Brussels, Paris, and Milan. They are no option for me.

I have applied for the invitation code now through Caravanistan, and will then check out the other form where you start with the code.

The other difficult thing of the e-visa is their high requirements on photograph and passport scan (given format in pixels, and file size!). So the e-visa system is probably difficult doing along the route when you do not have these documents ready to their requirements.

Cheers for now
1 x

Jumpingjoness03

Post by Jumpingjoness03 »

Hi..i didn't know about it that Iran is providing Visas now. Thanks for the info and this Thread.
0 x