Iran e-visa system

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Hmay30

Re: Iran e-visa system

Post by Hmay30 »

Hi Guys

I received my e-visa .

I have my e visa grant notice. I will be arriving to Iraq on September 9-19 2018 will be taking my passport to the Iranian Consulate in Iraq once I arrive right away.
The e-visa states that's my grant was issued on August 13th, 2018 and my stay period is 30 days from the date of arrival. So I assume I go to the Iranian embassy and they will give me a visa for 30 days once I give them my passport. Is this correct?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

yes
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bocekm

Post by bocekm »

I received the evisa confirmation email after 17 days and my girlfriend, who applied at the same time, after 22 days. For her it may have helped that we visited Iranian embassy in Bishkek at the 19th day and the embassy staff wrote an email to the ministry of foreign affairs, that we're waiting for my girlfriend's confirmation.
0 x

Valodia

Post by Valodia »

Our little Visa Story:
We are 2 Adults and one Child traveling overland. German Citizens.
Actually on a long term travel.

We applied on 8th of August 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia for 30 day Visa to get in Iranian Embassy in Tbilisi.
Got rejected on 8th of September 2018. :?
Tried to do it with the Travel Agency told from Caravanistan: They don’t want to help us because we travel with our own car.

In hope we did everything right we did the same again but in Yerevan, Armenia. Again “e-Visa”
Applied on 13th of September.
Currently: Waiting for Verification

Edit:
We did a classic mistake:
After applying for Visa online we need to go to the embassy in Yerevan! We didn’t in Tbilisi.
That’s why we get rejected after 30 days! They just want to show you up at first. After you get email very fast for approval, then pay 50€ per Person at the Iranian Bank (Mellat Bank Tumanyan Str. 5) and bring the recipe of payment including your passport number and name to the embassy.
Your visa will be ready on the next opening!
Opening time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 2pm to 4pm
It’s quite comfortable and a lot of fun at the embassy. You’ll always meet some travelers and the workers appreciate very much if you talk a little Farsi. Salaam! Motashakkeram! Khor Hafez!

Have a nice travel.
Last edited by Valodia on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

poldo95

Post by poldo95 »

Hey i just applied for the evisa. I don't understand in Wich moment I should pay and where. Should I go paying only when accepted or should I pay somewhere online now? Or should I go to the embassy and pay? I didn't find this online.
0 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

Hello poldo95,

so, if you applied for the visa "on arrival" you will pay at the airport in Iran.
If by embassy or consulate in your country, normally you can find the bank account on the website of embassy or consulate.
0 x

poldo95

Post by poldo95 »

So I need to pay before getting accepted or I can pay later?
PS I applied for the Visa in Almaty
0 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

after getting accepted, not before.
0 x

Gone For A Drive.

Post by Gone For A Drive. »

We already posted this in the Istanbul embassy report, but thought it might make sense to share this info also in this thread:

We are a married couple, he with Austrian citizenship, she with a German one. We already traveled to Iran in 2014 and at that time had no difficulties obtaining the visas from the Iranian embassy in Munich.

For this trip we applied mid of November 2018 using the e-visa system with pickup in Istanbul. One week later the status was still "Waiting for verification" but to be sure we still visited the embassy. We were told to wait one more week. When we came back a week later, the status had not changed, but we were told that it was "inofficially" denied. And that we must wait until it becomes official after 30 days.

It took about 10-15 minutes of discussion but then the guy in the embassy changed the status of our application in the online system so that we could apply again. We immediately received an email saying our application was rejected. "Reason for rejection: It is canceled by visa applicant".

Thanks to this "official" rejection we could take another try and immediately contacted Key2Persia. On the third working day in the morning one application (the Austrian one) was granted but the German one was denied again. Zahra from Key2Persia immediately wrote that she will try again and the next day in the morning we received the other approval, too.

So for us the "big news" was that it is actually possible for the embassy staff to change the status of your online application!
3 x
Dagmar & Oliver
Driving the Silk Route - https://www.goneforadrive.com

Itsjustme

Post by Itsjustme »

I, Austrian citizen, applied for the Visa Grant Notice on Monday, 14. January shortly before midnight CET via Iranvisacode and paid for the 24h service with guaranteed refund in case it is rejected to make sure I will not lose money if it is. Received the Visa Grant Notice on Wednesday, went to the Iranian Embassy in Vienna on Thursday around 10 a.m. Extremely nice and helpful staff at the Embassy. Paid 52 EUR via Bankcard and was told that I can pick up my Passport on Tuesday, 22. January (he made a note on the Bankcard-Payment Transaction confirmation). To my surprise at 11 a.m. I already received an E-Mail from the Iranian Embassy in Vienna with the E-Visa granted/issued.

Since the 23. September 2018 there is no stamp/sticker in the Passport anymore.

UPDATE 22nd January: Went to the Embassy in Vienna today to pick up my Passport. Embassy was full, but either I was the only one there for Visa reasons or other people just sat down without pushing the button to receive a No. because my No. showed up instantly. Extremly nice and polite people at the Embassy. Received my Passport together with a little bit larger version of the E-Visa printed out. Was told to always carry it with me and take special care not to lose it during my stay in Iran. Whole process took two minutes.
Last edited by Itsjustme on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x