Iran e-visa system

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Saem

Re: Iran e-visa system

Post by Saem »

Hi, We just arrived 3 days ago from Iran and experiences are following - we applied Iran visa already in Sept. 2017 and first of all use different web browsers to use (best seems to be Explorer) because in first steps you can´t proceed because of different reasons :) Important to change size of passport photo (approx. 50kb) passport copy (approx. 100kb). You will receive email partly Farsi and check that it´s not in junk mail folder (happened to one friend). You get code to check your status of visa online and if it´s accepted you will get e-visa doc what you need on the border. I sent also email to mfa how long this e-visa is valid but there was no response :) Our friend wanted to join us and he has Finnish passport and he applied also e-visa but it was rejected on next day with notice "apply via local host" so he went to embassy in Helsinki and got passport back by post with yellow post-it - REJECTED! Went to embassy again and got answer that embassy rejected because e-visa rejected = reason unknown and goodbye! So we had 3 guys with Estonian passports and one of them will expired in 7 months and this was not problem as 6 weeks needed. One friend lost this email with e-visa :) so he filled application again on the border but no photos needed because application was on the system. 3-rd guy filled everything right we all paid 75 EUR for visa (Polish, Ukrainians, Germans, French all had to pay same amount). We went to passport control 2 were OK and to one friend they said no visa! He was in visa desk 3 times where he was sent to pass control and back again with message NO VISA! It took 2,5h and finally guy from visa desk walked to passport control and then they finally stamped passport ..... Recommend to take Novotel or Ibis which are walking distance from airport because after this showbiz it´s good to take a rest .. Also when we departed on 18.04.2018 airport money exchange was closed with information that it´s not possible to buy or sell ANY KIND OF BANK NOTES! In the end of all Iran is on top 3 in our adventures and worth to visit!
0 x

Crazymad

Post by Crazymad »

Hello,

4 french going to Iran via land from Turkey. We registered an application to e-visa on 17th April. Now we are 24th and they are all accepted. We will pay and apply visa in Erzurum.

The documents upload process was a bit difficult. But we all managed to resize them for the applications needs and it went well.
And we asked at Istanbul consulat if women needed a photo with headscarf, they said yes.

Bye !
0 x

Bart van Gils

Post by Bart van Gils »

I have the intention to get a visa at the Hague Iranian Embassy in the Netherlands (got dutch citizenship).

I just got an e-mail that my e-visa request has been rejected.
Your visa application has been rejected
Reason for rejection:: Please apply via host in iran.

Not sure what i've done wrong, perhaps i wanted too much by asking for a 90 day visa?
I tried reapplying by the e-visa website, which won't let me (you already have a pending e-visa request).
Therefore, i won't be able to apply for an visa on arrival (i guess), as you need the same form

Does someone had recently similar experiences? What is the best route to take now, in order to obtain a visa within 24 days?
Did others managed to reapply after there first attempt was denied?

I've now send a request by caravanistan (probably to key2persia) in the hope this will allow me to reapply.

any advice is welcome!
0 x

rolynaround

Post by rolynaround »

We applied through the Iran E-visa system when we were in Turkey, a bit of a hassle to get the right size etc for the pictures, but in the end it worked. The next day I checked our status and they were both accepted. Picked up the visa in Erzurum, which was quite an easy process.
0 x
cycling around the world - www.rolynaround.com

hitchhikable

Post by hitchhikable »

Bart van Gils wrote: I just got an e-mail that my e-visa request has been rejected.

Not sure what i've done wrong, perhaps i wanted too much by asking for a 90 day visa?
Hi Bart,

I had exactly the same, applied on 05 May and received rejection on 08 May, same reason.

I was marking 90 days durarion, double entry and "urgent" fields (I decided to be audacious and just mark everything maximum, as I really needed a long visa).

After rejection I filled the form with Caravanistan on 12 May and already on 15 May I had the reference number. Only 30 days visa duration though (Key2Persia told me they don't offer longer durations). So there was no issues applying through Caravanistan, even despite the e-visa rejection.

I'm not sure how soon one can reapply through the e-visa system after rejection, because I didn't try. But just logically I don't see why you couldn't reapply directly (why is it still at "pending" if you've already received the rejection)?

If you have any questions, I can try to help.

Good luck!
2 x

Bart van Gils

Post by Bart van Gils »

haha yes, perhaps they automatically send you to a third party if you ask for more then 30 days. luckily applying for a visa extension seems quite easy, so i will settle for that. unfortunately the MFA is closed from the 3rd till the 9th of june, making the timeframe i have to get my visa a bit limited (as im flying the 28th). fingers crossed!
0 x

HugoLidmark

Post by HugoLidmark »

Hi!

Me and some friends are going to Iran this summer. We are leaving Sweden soon and we have no Visas ready for Iran. We are going by car and are trying to find information about getting a visa on arrival on the land border in Astara? Is that possible?

And also, if we a apply for an e-visa, can we pick it up at an embassy on the way, in Azerbaijan or Georgia? How does that work?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

HugoLidmark wrote:Hi!

Me and some friends are going to Iran this summer. We are leaving Sweden soon and we have no Visas ready for Iran. We are going by car and are trying to find information about getting a visa on arrival on the land border in Astara? Is that possible?

And also, if we a apply for an e-visa, can we pick it up at an embassy on the way, in Azerbaijan or Georgia? How does that work?
Please read https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran carefully, all your questions are answered there.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Gilles

Post by Gilles »

I tried the evisa during the period of Ramadan. Ramadan is over now and my request is already 2 weeks ago and the tracking status online is still waiting for verification. So I went to the consular in Almaty today and they said that I have to go through an agency... I guess I'll be stuck for a while in Almaty, but it's a very pleasant place. Good luck.
1 x

Lachstock

Post by Lachstock »

So we just went through the Evisa system to get the invite code then went to the Almaty consulate to get the visa. Only to be told that we cannot use the e visa System for applying for a tourist visa. We were told that the e visa system was for flying in only before visa on arrival and that for tourist visa we must use a tour operator to get the invite code.

They would not change their position on this so we are now going to have to reapply through an agency and start the whole process again.. not sure if this is just an Almaty consulate interpretation or not.

Unfortunately means we just wasted a week going through the motions to only be told no at the end :(
0 x