Iran e-visa system

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Dorenda

Re: Iran e-visa system

Postby Dorenda » Fri May 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Dorenda wrote:I'm interested to hear any recent experiences with the e-visa system, cause we also tried to use it today, but the embassies/consulates were we could go were missing (Batumi/Tbilisi/Yerevan). In the end we picked another one, and when we will be in Batumi, we'll go to the consulate to ask if the number that we are now waiting for can be used or if it has to be cancelled and we have to start the traditional procedure, or still something else...
Our online application still has the status "waiting for verification" after 3.5 weeks, but we have our visas. We got them in Batumi, after two weeks of waiting. We were told there that they don't use this online system so it's no problem that we started that procedure already.
Documents needed: passport, (colour) copy of passport, passport photograph and filled in application form (including data about a ho(s)tel reservation with room number and reservation number). No LOI needed. Actually our reservation was not even finalised, and we just wrote "female dorm" / "male dorm" instead of a room number, because we didn't get any number from the hostel where we started a booking.
They send the application to Teheran to be processed and the consul told us it would take 1-2 weeks before they get the answer. They got it exactly after two weeks.
When we came to pick it up, we got a little paper with their bank account number, and we had to pay €75 each (Dutch and Polish citizen) to that account at the TBC bank which is a few hundreds of meters away. We received the passports back with the visa the same afternoon (when the consulate is actually closed).
1 x
Watch the videos that we made about our bike trip from Poland to Central Asia in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1Mus ... TMQ/videos

ally_monkey

Postby ally_monkey » Mon May 22, 2017 7:05 am

In Islamabad Iranian embassy: We applied using the reference number system - they told us they only accept the e_visa application though. Not sure if yet successful!
1 x

jvpg

Postby jvpg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi guys,

I've also tried the e-visa.
At that point, I didn't have yet a complete overview of the steps on the visa process, especially the need for the visa code or letter of invitation.
In the webpage of the Iran embassy in Copenhagen, it was (I guess it still is) written that from 2017 all visa applications should be done through the e-visa website.
So, I just thought that would be enough to get the visa.
The requirements for the photo and for the image of the first page of the passport were a bit too strict but I managed to do it.
I got the application document with the reference number immediately.
In the document, it was written:
An interview date in above table means you will need to attend a visa interview.
(...)
If you are not required to attend an interview, please submit your original documents to IR. IRAN Embassy or Consulate as soon as possible. Ignoring this process may cause refusing your application.

Since there was no date for interview, I thought I should go to the embassy to give my passport.
In the meanwhile, the application status was "waiting for verification".
I went to the embassy a few days after and they told me that I needed a letter of invitation from the MFA or I needed to apply through an agency.
That was the first time I heard about the letter of invitation.

Anyway, now that I understand the whole process, I think I should have tried to get the VISA code through an agency and then go the embassy.
The problem is that I've already applied using the e-visa and the application process is still "waiting for verification".
So, I don't know if there will be any issues if I apply through an agency since the e-visa application is still open.

Has anybody been in the same situation?
Have you used the agency anyway or did you decide to wait?
How did all end up?

Thank you for you help!
0 x

PIE

Postby PIE » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 am

I tried to apply for an e-visa first, but was denied. In the Brussels embassy they told me that I had to book through a tourist agency, reason unclear. After getting the invitation code through the Caravanistan form (key2persia travel agency), I got the visa within 2 weeks.

Other people waiting at the embassy did get their e-visa though without going through a travel agency, so it is certainly not impossible.

Had no issues crossing the borders on a motorbike, even though key2persia mentioned their reference number is not valid for self-driving. Obviously we did not mention the self-drive on any of the forms for the agency or embassy :)
1 x

jvpg

Postby jvpg » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:00 pm

My problem is that the e-visa application still shows "waiting for verification" (I applied on June 13th) and key2persia says that if I apply through them my application will be denied unless I cancel the e-visa application.
But I don't have any way of cancelling it.

Does any of you know how to cancel an e-visa application?

Thank you!
0 x

asianrider

Postby asianrider » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:23 am

We've had the same problem : our application is stuck the system without a way to cancel it.

What you need to do is go to an embassy with the application number / bar code you got, they have access to the system and they'll be able to cancel the application. At least that's what we've done in Milan consulate.

Laurent
http://www.overlandaventure.com
2 x

Alex

Postby Alex » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:12 pm

I've applied for RN code through PTA agency (recommended by caravanistan) and today I've got my RN.

Actually is the e-visa. Pretty weirdo and now I'm thinking why I didn't did it by myself? 😂
0 x

Jejune_vagabond

Postby Jejune_vagabond » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Alex wrote:I've applied for RN code through PTA agency (recommended by caravanistan) and today I've got my RN.

Actually is the e-visa. Pretty weirdo and now I'm thinking why I didn't did it by myself? 😂

Same here today. Wondering if they always gave an E-VISA RN like this or if it's new? So maybe the E-VISA system works now.
0 x

kvint3

Postby kvint3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi guys,

I have two questions.

On the official iranian e-visa site they mention, even if you want to get the VOA you have to apply for the e-visa to obtain the Tracking code, print the document and show this at the counter at airport in Tehran. Do you think this is necessary? Isn’t this the new 2017 rule to obtain VOA? I have noticed over the internet that travellers need nothing in advance. (except the passport and maybe hotel reservation)

I have applied for the visa electronically via the official iranian e-visa site with issuing it at embassy in Vienna..just to have it in advance, even if I have a nationality eligible for VOA. After more than one week, the site still says my application is “waiting for verification”. I fly to Tehran on August the 9th and I am a little nervous after reading some stories of long time for issuing a visa.
Do you think you can try to obtain the VOA even if you already applied for a visa via the electronic system with issuing at an embassy?

Thanks for your opinion :)
0 x

TimL

Postby TimL » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 am

Hi,

Do you think it is possible to apply for an e-visa and then pick up your visa at an embassy on the road; Bischkek or Tashkent?

Thanks!
0 x