Iran e-visa system

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
reiseleben

Re: Iran e-visa system

Postby reiseleben » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello,

I used the e-visa system successfully, too.

After one working day, the tracking system told me "waiting for verfication". And I was waiting for more than 2 weeks - no progress. Then I just went to the embassy (Vienna). The polite man found my file online in his system just with the passport. No other documents needed. Then I had to pay the visa fee. Finished. So obviously you don't have to wait for an "approval" in the tracking system. Just go to the embassy.

Good luck!

Wolfgang
1 x

roro

Postby roro » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:58 am

Yes, but you need to be close to this embassy (not 500 km as I am:mrgreen:)
RR.
0 x

Leonie.Sophia

Postby Leonie.Sophia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey Everybody!

I am having huge problems with getting my visa and I am happy to discover this website, maybe somebody can give me advise on how to proceed...
I applied via the E-Visa System. However, not even 24 h later, it was rejected - no idea why. I have been in touch with the embassy and they told me it's 'not really rejected, I just have a problem with my 'Gastgeber' (host). I have not indicated any host, I have simply indicated the address of a hotel in Teheran as my address in Iran.

Anyways, I was glad to read on caravanistan.com that I might still have a chance to make my travel dream to Iran come true, but I am really confsued and scared now about how to proceed.
- Just fly and try visa on arrival? Seems to risky.
- Apply again via the E-Visa and indicate another embassy/consulate...? But my name and poassport no are registered now, right?
- Consult a travel agency/visa service? That's what I did - I have sent my documents to 'Visa Dienst Bonn und co KG', but they don't really seem to know what they are doing or how they should help me once I was rejected...

What would you do??? :( I plan to fly in the end of April, so I still have some time, but I am scared I won't be able to get a visa anymore... any similar experiences or any advise? Thank you so much!!!

Cheers, Leonie
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:38 am

Hi Leonie,

I would do one of the following.

Since it is visa on arrival, you really just need to apply, no need to get the visa - so you could just try again and see if it works this time - with a different hotel perhaps.

If you want to be a bit more secure: send a request for an authorisation code through us. It takes around a week to 10 days. Go to the embassy with this code and you will get your visa.

Bit more hassle and an extra 25 euro cost but it's more secure.

You can apply here: https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/visa ... nvitation/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Crazydre
Visa expert
Visa expert

Postby Crazydre » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am

Leonie.Sophia wrote:- Just fly and try visa on arrival? Seems to risky.
Not really, I would do this if I were you, though you must apply on the Website, selecting Tehran Airport as the pick-up place, and print the Submission notice. Iranian visas on Arrival are normally completely painless.
0 x

Bento

Postby Bento » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:53 am

I applied for the E-Visa and the application is still "Waiting for Verification". I was planning on going to the embassy in The Hague after the e-visa procedure was OK'ed.

Can I now still request an LOI and make an appointment with the embassy after getting the LOI even if there was already a request for the e-Visa?
0 x

ana&luka

Postby ana&luka » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:18 am

We are interested in only one simple thing but we can't find an answer anywhere. We would like to cross to Iran with motorcycle from Azerbaijan but we are stuck on the second step of application for E visa.
We are both Croatians and have an embassy in Zagreb. But there they don't want to help us but only advise us to fill out the application online and maybe then the interview with consul will follow.
The problem is the address we have to write in the application. Do you know what kind of addresses and contacts are fine to put in, like hotel addresses or some private person's because we don't have anyone we know there?
What are your experiences lately, is it possible to get tourist visa with two entries?
0 x

Dorenda

Postby Dorenda » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 am

Last year when we applied at the consulate in Batumi, we were required to have the name and address of a ho(s)tel where we had a reservation, and we also had to provide the room number. Maybe a private address would also have worked, but I don't know because we didn't try. Anyway, after we got the visas we cancelled the reservation in the hostel. And all was fine.
0 x
Watch the videos that we made about our bike trip from Poland to Central Asia in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1Mus ... TMQ/videos

ana&luka

Postby ana&luka » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 am

I'm not sure is it good idea to make some reservation for example in Tehran and than on interview tel them that we plan to enter from Azerbajdzan..
They will say probably that is not possible to solve border passing and ride till Tehran in one day...
I saying that because can't find any hotel which respond on e mail in Tabriz or Ardabil...
One guy gave us address via couchsurfing but we are not sure is it smart to put that on application.
0 x

Dorenda

Postby Dorenda » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 am

We made a reservation for 1 night in Teheran, but also described the trip we were planning from the Armenian to the Turkmen border and they didn't make any problems. But I don't know how much that depends on the person who processes the application. The consul in Batumi was a kind guy. :)
0 x
Watch the videos that we made about our bike trip from Poland to Central Asia in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1Mus ... TMQ/videos