Usual Uzbekistan embassy closing times for Nowruz?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
rumolddo

Usual Uzbekistan embassy closing times for Nowruz?

Post by rumolddo »

Does anyone know (roughly) how many days Uzbekistan embassies in other countries close for Nowruz? Would it just be Tuesday 21st or the whole week 20th-25th? Specifically KL and BKK as that's where I wanted to be but Almaty and Bishkek too would be good to know. thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Usual Uzbekistan embassy closing times for Nowruz?

Post by steven »

I think the whole week is most likely. Best to phone them if they pick up, every embassy will be different.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

rumolddo

Post by rumolddo »

My friend phoned Bangkok today and a Thai person (or Thai speaker at least) answered (first time the phones been answered this week), they said there was no holiday that week but that they only operate (as normal) Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Its a huge risk, as this seems somewhat hard to believe and i have no other time to get a visa!
1 x

rumolddo

Post by rumolddo »

Update: I received an email from the Bangkok embassy a few days after my friend rang. I had asked about closure for nowruz and received an email with one word "yes". Still none the wiser on BKKs actual closures.

As for KL, the embassy has been very helpful and insist that they are only on holiday for Nowruz for the Tuesday (which they dont open on anyway) and will be open on the Wednesday and Friday as per normal.
1 x